Do I Really Need An Email Telling Me That I've Commented On One Of My Own Gallery Pictures ?

3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,719
edited November 2017 in The Commons

I've always had a tick in that box (wherever it is) to send me emails when somebody comments on an image in my gallery. That's handy. It's the only way that I know if somebody's commented.

Like many people I sometimes comment on my own image, e.g. a "thank you" for a nice comment, or an answer if somebody asks for more information.

I'm sure that it's not that difficult to not send emails to tell me that I've just commented on my own image ?

Does this irritate anybody else or is it just me ?

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

Comments

• It probably doesn't distinguish names, just that someone comments, whether it's you or someone else.  

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2017

Indeed. But DAZ seems to be the only* site that sends me emails to tell me I've commented on my own pictures. I'd have guessed that perhaps there's a simple configuration setting that's been overlooked ?

*E.g. ShareCG sends me an email when anybody else comments on one of my uploads, but I never get any email from ShareCG telling me that I've commented on my own upload (and I do that quite often)

• ^Not just you - I find it weird/bothersome too.  I get excited when I see the e-mail 'Someone has commented...' then 'oh, yeah, it was me LOL'

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,929

^Not just you - I find it weird/bothersome too.  I get excited when I see the e-mail 'Someone has commented...' then 'oh, yeah, it was me LOL'

I had those moments as well  ...

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255

I think it's a good thing. Consider this:

What if you're having a bad day, and you're upset with yourself? Maybe you're not talking to yourself cuz you did something dumb. Wouldn't you want yourself to know if you post something online that will get you in trouble? 

It's a public service. 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited November 2017
    ebergerly said:

I think it's a good thing. Consider this:

What if you're having a bad day, and you're upset with yourself? Maybe you're not talking to yourself cuz you did something dumb. Wouldn't you want yourself to know if you post something online that will get you in trouble? 

It's a public service. 

Exactly!... What if you accidentally smoosh your hand in a drawer because your brain is not paying attention and your fingers get mad at your brain and then they want to get even with your brain by making a nasty post or comment about you when you fall asleep at the computer?

I can't tell you how long my left ankle and my spleen have been fighting about something that happened in the 80s... Mostly because my brain is still mad at me for banging it into that steam pipe last week and it refuses to do math in protest.

Definitely a public service.

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited November 2017

Holy poops...

I'm generally really incoherent... But the thing about the toy robot and doll banned in Germany was intended for a TechDirt post... I have no idea how that ended up in whatever I was writing... (My guess, I probably went back to correct an autocorrected mistake and didn't notice the screen jumped and "paste" came up under my finger)

This is why it sucks to use an iPad to post in forums... 

I removed it now... Probably could have been considered a politically sensitive topic because it was a consumer rights issue (the "smart" toys collected data on kids).

Sorry.

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited November 2017

Aaaawwwww...

I'd assumed that it was a really, really clever and relevant comment...so clever in fact that it went way over my head ! But since I didn't want anybody to know I just pretended I knew what you were talking about.

(I wonder if the forum will send an email to me telling me that I've just posted an inner monologue that was supposed to stay that way? That would be nice.)

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

I'd assumed that it was a really, really clever and relevant comment...so clever in fact that it went way over my head ! But since I didn't want anybody to know I just pretended I knew what you were talking about.

(I wonder if the forum will send an email to me telling me that I've just posted an inner monologue that was supposed to stay that way? That would be nice.)

laugh

• Maybe its a convenience for users who share thier DAZ account devil
    (NOT TOS!)

edited November 2017

ROFL, LMAO, and all that s*** !

(veering of at a slight* tangent - I'm increasingly of the belief that 'bugs' are being rebranded as 'design features'. Not just here, everywhere.)

*as opposed to a huge tangent. And there you were thinking that a tangent was a tangent, with a nice mathematical definition. Well, guess what ? Tangents have been rebranded too. Like planets. And good/evil.

Yeah...

Being sighed out ever X number of hours helps me not forget my password or any of the curse words I invent when it happens while I'm browsing through the forums.

Definitely should be spun as a design feature... It's a "Supplemental Cognitive Exertion Function".