Camera Settings e.g Ratio

l_stowel_stowe Posts: 165
edited November 2017 in New Users

Hey there,

I am just trying to set up my scene so that I can produce different panels for a comic. I know I could just render and then crop the output, but I wondered if there was a smarter way to do it?

My initial thought was to populate the scene with various cameras and then change their settings to render, for example 1:1, 2:3 and 16:9. But, after adding and renaming the cameras it became obvious that the proportions are set in the render settings. 

Is there a way to create a Render Preset (and include it in my Scripts menu) to change the output easily between the ratios?

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by l_stowe on

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

You change the camera settings under the Camera Tab for each camera. Open the Camera Tab, select each camera one at a time and under Dimensions set the Use Local Dimensions to ON and set the image size you want each camera to produce.

• l_stowel_stowe Posts: 165
    Fishtales said:

You change the camera settings under the Camera Tab for each camera. Open the Camera Tab, select each camera one at a time and under Dimensions set the Use Local Dimensions to ON and set the image size you want each camera to produce.

Awesome! This is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks Fishtales, thats perfect. :) Now I can set up the scene and use the right camera for the shape of the shot I want. 

Thanks very much :)

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

You're welcome.