Is there any new Carrara Content?

2»

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Hi Chris,

The dynamic hair projects look great.  I think it is one of Carrara's strongest features and I am glad to see you fostering it.

RE: the dress.  I see you are trying a couple of different options.  Here are some of my thoughts.

1) Generic conforming clothing rigged for daz. - the following thread gathers a lot of useful resources, and also includes a few specific examples using Carrara. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65357/the-male-content-creation-mutual-support-group-thread/p1

2) You should be able to export to Poser and use Poser's cloth room for figures within Poser  Been a while for me, but I know I have done it.  You should also be able to export the obj from Carrara to Poser and use Wardrobe Wizard to create a CR2 for any figure that you have Wardobe Wizard rights to.  Again, been a while for me, but I have done it.  I have also exported the resuts of Poser cloth sims for use in Carrara, and there is a plugin to help with animations that do that.  What problem are you having?

3) Carrara softbody physics.  We did some testing.  A softbody mesh behaved relatively well colliding against another softbody object and against static objects, but not against keframed harbody objects.  In an effort to assure softbody interacted with softbody, Marcus Severus and Stringtheory and Jonstark and others got pretty far by creating and attaching an undersuit to the Daz figure.  However, it was difficult to make sure that the undersuit moved well enough with the figure's bones.  Then VWD came out and we stopped testing, or at least I stopped.

4)  VWD - works great.

• thanks a lot for the informations.
    I have just a little update as i have now decided to just support the figures that are still working for Carrara official, so i will do haircuts for V4.2, Genesis and Genesis 2.
    The reason is that i don't like to support the product's that won't work official for Carrara too, if there will be an official update on the newer models that they will work without any issues on Carrara, i'll work on those too.
    For some reason i don't really like the corporate policy from DS trying to force the users to use their own software and not Carrara anymore.

Don't know yet where i will put the haircuts online than.

test2b.jpg
    954 x 1172 - 300K