How to search for addons for owned products?

Hello! 
I have Daz Deals which is wonderfully helpful.  But I was wondering if there was something to show addons for the products that I own?
All I can figure to do is to search for owned products and open them in a new window and scroll to the bottom and see what is there. 
Long and cumbersome and won't show all of the addons for products with lots of addons like the horse or the dragon.
So tell me, how can I easily hand even more cash over to DAZ?  :)
Thanks!

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I would be nice if their were three rows on the suggested products when you look at the product page for a product in the DAZ Store.

1st row: all addons for the product, eg an ancient Egytian woman's dress, on the product page

2nd row: all similar products -

debatable since 'similar' will depend on what you consider the product in consideration's niche but for example other egytian clothing that is not an addon for the current product. Compare niche of clothing, woman's clothing, woman Egytian clothing, ancient Egytian women's clothing - well of couse making a list of other ancient Egytian woman's clothing will result in more suggestions being bought and failing more woman's ancient Egytian clothing, suggestions of men's ancient Egytian clothing would be next for most like to generate more sales and so on.

3rd row: all complementary products for the current product - 

So for the current Egytian dress that is my example current product complementary products would be Egytian architecture sets, statuary, artwork, palms, deserts, Nile, usw.

However to do that DAZ needs to step up and repackage and refine tags current products and older products. 

• The store usually provides links to addon products right on the page if they were released the same day.

• HeleneHelene Posts: 115

Well, I thought I had found a solution, but sadly no.
    I did some random surfing and found a video on Smart Content.  At the bottom of the Smart Content window are the tabs Tips Info Tags and Store.
    The video seemed to say that if you have something in the viewport selected then the Store tab will show matching items, however it doesn't work that way. :(

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,386
    Helene said:

Well, I thought I had found a solution, but sadly no.
    I did some random surfing and found a video on Smart Content.  At the bottom of the Smart Content window are the tabs Tips Info Tags and Store.
    The video seemed to say that if you have something in the viewport selected then the Store tab will show matching items, however it doesn't work that way. :(

The problem is the volume of Daz3d products.  They should have the metadata for this to happen but their staff is relatively small and has to add the data to new products as wel as old products.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

It would be cool if when you went to the main product page, all the add-ons were shown. Often there are links to additional prodcuts, but I have found this isn't always true. I think when you don't find anything its best to ask. People may know about texture expansions here and elsewhere.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,881

If the "Required Products" fields on the add-on pages were reliable, you could scan all the product pages and create a database with cross references between main products and add-ons. But unfortunately this field disappears and reappears at random on many pages because of a store bug, and maybe some pages which should have such a field don't have it at all, but that's hard to tell because of the random disappearence.

• It'd be  a neat feature to have in the store, for sure. At the very least, this type of database work (I think) could keep several interns quite busy for a summer session. Classifying the types of add-ons (poses/additional textures) would be good to have. 

• HeleneHelene Posts: 115
    edited November 2017

If forum members were armed with a tutorial on how DAZ wanted thiings like this done, we could divide up the work and send it to them to update their files...

:)

Post edited by Helene on