OT R.I.P. Malcolm Young from AC/DC

This really hit home for me today as AC/DC was the reason for me becoming a musician and I have really loved their music and shows thru the years. I grew up listening pretty much to what my parents listened to, 50's, Tom Jones, Elvis, Neil Diamond, etc, not really having much of an interest in any music at all in general. My soph year in High school I went off campus with a friend to a small rest that just opened that had a few pinball machines and other games inside. I started playing one of the pinball machines and noticed there was a speaker above it. A few minutes later the first chords of Back in Black came screaming out of that speaker and something inside me turned on. I became a sponge for any hard rock I could get my hands on, radio, albums, shows, any genre, I loved and crave it all. My first year in college I joined my first band and the many bands, projects, shows, studio work, road trips, hotels that came after lasted more than 20 years and those were the best years of my life.

Comments

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,663

^^^ I'm with ya. I never got to see them live but me and my friends while growing up sure did listen to them a lot in the very late 70 to mid 80's. I still pop a cd in from time to time.
    ​R.I.P. Malcolm.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,868

Thanks for sharing that story, mate. Yep, Back in Black will turn anybody into a rocker. I remember the first time I heard it too. Angus rocks on.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

Yeah they were one of the fist bands I started listening to after I snapped out of my rap crap phase lol. These days I am more into heavier metal.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited November 2017

Yes it was a sad day he seemed so young...  bad news... Too bad about his passing.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

He's gone on to jam with Bon. RIP

Laurie

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,177

that's such a sad way to go..first concert I ever saw was AC/DC and years later I worked on the road crew for them,even got to play a few chords on Malcom Youngs guitar.

RIP ...with the volume cranked to 11