G8F base character (and at least some others) distorted (solved)

Okay, I went to load one of the G8F characters, and she came out all distorted.  I deleted the character from scene and loaded the Genesis 8 Female base character and got more or less the same distorted shape.  What should I be looking for?  I'm pretty sure she's not supposed to look like THIS.  oO

G8F distorted 20171119.png
1920 x 1040 - 293K
Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on

Comments

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited November 2017

In this thread the OP seems to have had & resolved the same problem your image shows

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/208541/mostly-solved-update-issues-wth-happened-to-my-g8f

Hope this helps you

Post edited by Tottallou on
  • nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,939
    edited November 2017

Well, a couple of months ago, I installed a free G8F character called GM Alice 8.  Trying to go back to the page it came from 404s me, though the website itself still exists.  That character also showed up very distorted, but I chalked it up to being a freebee character, and that maybe the maker wasn't as expirenced in creating Daz Studio characters as others, and then forgot about it.  I haven't done much else with Gensis 8 since then, mostly focussing on Genesis 3, and a little bit on Genesis 2 and 1.... so when some new G8F characters bought here today also showed up distorted, I was like "Wait... what the?!?"  I then loaded the base G8F character and it too was distorted.  Anyway, here is a screengrab of the Alice character in my Viewport.  It's supposed to be a preteen girl.  oO

DS distorted GM Alice G8F 20171120.png
    1920 x 1040 - 239K
  • TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited November 2017

Did you by chance download a character called Liara from Share CG?

http://www.sharecg.com/v/88888/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Liara-for-Genesis-8-Female

I seem to remember this was one that caused distortions for me at one point

To get rid of the problem you need to go to your Daz Library then delete the following files from the data folder

data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/morphs/renderguyny/g8f et/alien head.dsf
    data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/morphs/renderguyny/g8f et/alien torso and legs.dsf

Once the files are deleted open Daz & reload G8F & all should be OK

Post edited by Tottallou on
  • nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,939
    edited November 2017

Hmmmm.... nope, never saw THAT one before.  Wow, that hair!  oO

(Goes to the path specified in his Daz 3D folders....)  Dang, there it is!  OO  (Neutralises the 3 files....)

(edit)  Well, Alice is loading fine now.  Wow.

Alice is loading fine now... 20171120.png
    1920 x 1040 - 817K