How to set default pose to Genesis pose?

I've uploaded my own model and I've transferred the Genesis 8 skeleton.  The rigging works fine and I can move the limbs around.  However, the default pose is with arms down low.  This screws up Genesis 8 animations.  How do I make the arms exactly the same as the default Genesis 8 default pose?  I just need to copy the bone transformations from the arms from Genesis 8 to my model.  Can't find any anwers on the forums and I've tried a lot of random things.

Comments

• I assume by uploaded you mean imported, then you rigged a custom model? Using a source figure with a diffrent pose isn't ideal as the projections will go astray - I'd be surprised if the fingers work correctly for example, given your description - and of course since it's now a derivative of Genesis 8 you can't sell or share the model. Making a morph might have been a better approach.

In any event, you can chnage the zero pose using the Bake Joint Rotations command (Joint Editor tool context menu) - indeed, if you do want to work this way and don't mind the limitations you could pose the Genesis figure to match the imported mesh, Bake Joint Rotations, and then run the Transfer Utility to improve the projection.

• Thanks Richard. So the only way is to manually move the joints to match the Genesis figure then bake joint rotations then run Transfer Utility?

Basically all I need to do is copy the joint rotations for the arms and paste them onto my new figure.  There must be some quick way of doing this

I assume by uploaded you mean imported, then you rigged a custom model? Using a source figure with a diffrent pose isn't ideal as the projections will go astray - I'd be surprised if the fingers work correctly for example, given your description - and of course since it's now a derivative of Genesis 8 you can't sell or share the model. Making a morph might have been a better approach.

In any event, you can chnage the zero pose using the Bake Joint Rotations command (Joint Editor tool context menu) - indeed, if you do want to work this way and don't mind the limitations you could pose the Genesis figure to match the imported mesh, Bake Joint Rotations, and then run the Transfer Utility to improve the projection.

• That is quick, I would think (not rerigging but, if the joints are working OK, just bending them to match the source figure and baking rotations).

• Ok, I rotated joints manually using the posing controls then went to bake rotations, but when I choose to bake my bones move to strange positions and the mesh becomes warped

baking_problem.jpg
    1368 x 839 - 196K
  • and of course since it's now a derivative of Genesis 8 you can't sell or share the model.

Is there any license that would allow me to sell/share a model based on the Genesis 8 topology?  I recall seeing mention of an Indie Development License.  If I purchase that, can I sell/share?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

and of course since it's now a derivative of Genesis 8 you can't sell or share the model.

Is there any license that would allow me to sell/share a model based on the Genesis 8 topology?  I recall seeing mention of an Indie Development License.  If I purchase that, can I sell/share?

No, you can sell/share clothing made to fit Genesis 8, but you cannot sell/share a competing model.  The Indie Development License lets you produce a game which includes the mesh, but it still must be protected so as not to compete.

• No, you can sell/share clothing made to fit Genesis 8, but you cannot sell/share a competing model.  The Indie Development License lets you produce a game which includes the mesh, but it still must be protected so as not to compete.

Ok, that's interesting.  I noticed you mentioned "competition" a few times.  Did Daz3D officially state that they don't sell their products because they are afraid someone will re-sell them and crush their business?   Cos there are millions of shops in the world that are selling products that can be re-sold

• No, you can sell/share clothing made to fit Genesis 8, but you cannot sell/share a competing model.  The Indie Development License lets you produce a game which includes the mesh, but it still must be protected so as not to compete.

Ok, that's interesting.  I noticed you mentioned "competition" a few times.  Did Daz3D officially state that they don't sell their products because they are afraid someone will re-sell them and crush their business?   Cos there are millions of shops in the world that are selling products that can be re-sold

You can't resell it because you can make infinite copies from your one copy that you purchased.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

and of course since it's now a derivative of Genesis 8 you can't sell or share the model.

To qualify previous remarks,  Please read the EULA, whcih states

User may not in any case publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense any renderings, animations, software applications, data or any other product from which any Content, or any part thereof, or any substantially similar version of the Content can be separately exported, extracted or de-compiled into any re-distributable form or format.

• edited November 2017
    You can't resell it because you can make infinite copies from your one copy that you purchased.

ok, that makes sense.  

Edited to fix quote attribution

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on