1000 x 1300 - 291K

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

BOUGHT SO FAST!! Awesome set.

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 575
    edited December 1969

Say, I have a goofy question...
    Could I use the shaders that come with this set on, say, the Supersuit, to simulate a supernatural or fiery aura around a figure, or are the shaders built to the unique construction of the objects included with this set?

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Oh my god, that's fantastic. I thought they were billboards from the promos and copy! You really should be making make more of a deal about how unique this is for DS effects. It almost slipped right under my radar. If the thread hadn't tweaked my interest in checking out the video I'd never have known.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,325
    edited December 1969

Oh my god, that's fantastic. I thought they were billboards from the promos and copy! You really should be making make more of a deal about how unique this is for DS effects. It almost slipped right under my radar. If the thread hadn't tweaked my interest in checking out the video I'd never have known.

Ditto

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

MINE

Thank you, smay!

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

Ooh, and they have morphs too?! For bendy flames and different shaped puffs... very cool.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148
    edited December 1969

Yup, at first I thought they were billboards but nope, all morphable objects with some amazing effects. Love to see Smay make some more of these. Like magical effects. As much as I love the billboards for these sorts of things they loose something if you move the camera to other positions, then you have to reposition the billboard. These effects will look great any angle so yea, PLEASE make some cool magical effects if you make enough to warrant expanding on this sort of store item.

THANKS for the great work and brilliant idea! :-)

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Yup, at first I thought they were billboards but nope, all morphable objects with some amazing effects. Love to see Smay make some more of these. Like magical effects. As much as I love the billboards for these sorts of things they loose something if you move the camera to other positions, then you have to reposition the billboard. These effects will look great any angle so yea, PLEASE make some cool magical effects if you make enough to warrant expanding on this sort of store item.

THANKS for the great work and brilliant idea! :-)

I'd buy those, too.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148
    edited December 1969

Yup, instant sale from me as well! I think allot of us like making fantasy / magical based renders and animations so magical effects created how Smay made this set would be fabulous!

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,700
    edited April 2013

SmallFry said:
    Could I use the shaders that come with this set on, say, the Supersuit, to simulate a supernatural or fiery aura around a figure, or are the shaders built to the unique construction of the objects included with this set?

I couldn't resist picking these up either

It looks like the different objects all have three layers to them, each named material 1, material 2, material 3

The MAT presets which come with the items then apply a different shader to each of those three zones on the items.

So to do what you'd want to do, you'd have to apply one of her presets to one of her objects, and then save out three different shaders, one from each of the mat zones. You could then conform three figures to each other, and have one be at 100% scale, the next 99% and the last 98% and apply one of the three shaders to each of your three figures.

My scale solution is flawed in some ways, but it sets you off in the right direction. You might also try the bulk and thin morphs.

Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited April 2013

I made 2 conforming suits really quick in zbrush by layering my base meshes, and deflating and polishing the inner layers. The first 3 renders here are a 2 layered version (using Material 1 and Material 2 descendingly) rendered in default lighting. The second batch of three in the post that follows uses the same (i hope) shaders applied to a three layered figure.

demo3.jpg
    384 x 500 - 31K
    demo2.jpg
    384 x 500 - 24K
    demo1.jpg
    384 x 500 - 33K
    edited April 2013

said three layered versions. again, these are essentially just concentric nestled figures. the setup on smay's props is a bit more discerning.

demo3_3.jpg
    384 x 500 - 47K
    demo2_3.jpg
    384 x 500 - 42K
    demo1_3.jpg
    384 x 500 - 52K
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

At first I thought they were billboards, and if I hadn't read this thread - I'd probably miss the option to buy this set. It's nice to see some good props that can be viewed from any angle. Now about light that conforms to the props...

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 575
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    SmallFry said:

I couldn't resist picking these up either

It looks like the different objects all have three layers to them, each named material 1, material 2, material 3

The MAT presets which come with the items then apply a different shader to each of those three zones on the items.

So to do what you'd want to do, you'd have to apply one of her presets to one of her objects, and then save out three different shaders, one from each of the mat zones. You could then conform three figures to each other, and have one be at 100% scale, the next 99% and the last 98% and apply one of the three shaders to each of your three figures.

My scale solution is flawed in some ways, but it sets you off in the right direction. You might also try the bulk and thin morphs.

Thanks, joe. Now that you've provided a guide, I'll play around a bit and see what I come up with. Thanks!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Joequick that is so cool thanks for sharing that.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,441
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:

Could you create the same effect with a base figure and a couple of geometry shells?

edited December 1969

My first render with one of these flames! They're easy to work with and render up beautifully.

Here's the larger version: http://xyshurondor.deviantart.com/art/Temple-of-Fire-2-368970930?ga_submit_new=10%3A1367388004

There are NSFW pics on that page (nudity), but they are tagged mature and you will not see them unless you both look at the whole account page and have "view mature" turned on in your deviantart options.

WhiteBarbPeril06SMALL.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8703374673/in/photostream

"Don't throw that shrimp on the barbie!"

Too late...

:lol:

8703374673_fd8b8d414c_c.jpg
    640 x 800 - 393K
  • BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Yup, instant sale from me as well! I think allot of us like making fantasy / magical based renders and animations so magical effects created how Smay made this set would be fabulous!

I totally agree! I'm always looking for good magical effects, the flames were in my cart the instant I saw them... and other effects would be as well, I guess :)