is Daz3d Studio limited for animation?

am.riparzam.riparz Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

I am using Daz3d Studio 4.5, 64 bit.

no lip sync?

in animate2, how to edit a walking style? all the characters want to be animated with a same walking style??

these two facilities greatly offered by Poser...

and most of presets and props and others limited to victoria and michal.
is there any universal presets and props and others?

dear seniors please guide me.... I am new here...
forgive me if my questions are very basic or childish...
:D

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Lipsync is 32 bit only because the engine is written in 32 bit. You can have BOTH 32bit DS and 64bit DS installed I have 2 versions in both bits installed on my PC. As for walkstyles the Graph editor in Animate2 can be used to change the motions or you could just buy other walks that are offered in the store.

DS is a render PRG and not made for Animation but to me it is getting better, plugins like AniMate2, KeyMate and GraphMate have really moved DS into the place I like it for Animation.

• am.riparzam.riparz Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ooowh... thanx for the fast reply and information.
    so I want to download 32 bit version also...?? Ok I'll try..

waahh.. U joined here on 2009?? so u have more than 4 years experiences in daz3d...

is there any free scenes to test?? like a hotel and a small city?

edited December 1969

I searched some website..
    but there are many pose and figures only... no scenes....

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,015
    edited December 1969

Any scene that's in OBJ format, and that doesn't depend on unique material features of another application, should import into DAZ Studio - you may need to experiment to figure out which preset to use, especially if there's no note of which modeller was used to create the original file. The drawback is that a plain OBJ won't have moving parts.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited December 1969

I agree with Richard . Though you can animate a scene files .Obj item such as a trees, water and grass as long as they are rigged for animation, if their not rigged then you will need to rig or add bones or scripts to each part of the .obj file your trying to animate. same as with any other animation program.

also Gofigure has few different ani-blocks you can buy & add to animate2 that have different walk styles or you can create your own ani-blocks by hand key framing your animation and baking it to the daz timeline and saving the timeline motion by right clicking the timeline & save-as a ani-block or BHV file. I create ani-blocks all the time in Daz studio so i can use them in poser and other 3D programs . animating in Daz Studio is only limited by your skills and imagination, and skills come with practice & patients.

Good Luck :)

edited December 1969

Any scene that's in OBJ format, and that doesn't depend on unique material features of another application, should import into DAZ Studio - you may need to experiment to figure out which preset to use, especially if there's no note of which modeller was used to create the original file. The drawback is that a plain OBJ won't have moving parts.

waaahh.. admin replied... thanx....
    I think I can get some thing here.....

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    I agree with Richard . Though you can animate a scene files .Obj item such as a trees, water and grass as long as they are rigged for animation, if their not rigged then you will need to rig or add bones or scripts to each part of the .obj file your trying to animate. same as with any other animation program.

also Gofigure has few different ani-blocks you can buy & add to animate2 that have different walk styles or you can create your own ani-blocks by hand key framing your animation and baking it to the daz timeline and saving the timeline motion by right clicking the timeline & save-as a ani-block or BHV file. I create ani-blocks all the time in Daz studio so i can use them in poser and other 3D programs . animating in Daz Studio is only limited by your skills and imagination, and skills come with practice & patients.

Good Luck :)

Thanx Ivy.. I watched some of ur animation in youtube.
    very nice and professional.

yes u are right I need to practice well first.....