Installing content from other stores...... How?

I want to install new content from Renderosity, but I want to review it here before I attempt it.

When I manually installed DAZ V4 content I would simply unzip and put that file into the runtime for DS.

What do I do for V4clothing textures? Is it the same?

And what process do I use for V7 clothing textures when the clothing actually is bought at DAZ and is already installed in DS?

I ask here because using the "Search Forums" is all over the place.

Thanks.

Comments

• Generally, I create a separate folder for content from other sites and add that under either DAZ Studio Formats or Poser Formats. This way, the content is not mixed in with the stuff that I installed with DIM. Attached is an example of my current setup.

custom libraries.png
    223 x 414 - 12K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Daywalker has a nice suggestion. I’ve only lately begun to do that.

The Daz native stuff usually will go in the Genesis 3 female folder within the clothing folder with  the outfit in question.  Usually a well made installer will have the directory  structure created  and mapped out for you but not always.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Know your file structure and where files are being stored if you don't have any special system. For all the genesis files I use the default location, so when I purchase a product, either from here or another store I open it with WinRar and look at the file format to see where it is supposed to go. Nine times out of ten, it is set up correctly and I can just extract it to the DAZ 3D - Studio folder and it all goes where it is supposed to. Occasionally I get content that has the path wrong, so I just click into it and place the files manually where they go, takes about a minute. I have a large poser runtime folder setup for all my V4, M4, Miki, TY2, Dawn, creatures, props, V3, etc in poser runtime format from when I used poser, so if the zip or installer is set up to that format I just point it to those folders instead and they are all mapped out in the DS content directory.

I don't use DIM, smart content, or connect and I have 121 gigs of content in the DS location and 71 gigs of content in the poser runtimes and it was all installed this way and I know where everything is.

dspath2.jpg
    660 x 579 - 294K