File Search Causes Crashes

When I go to do file searches in the newest version of DAZ studio it crashes. 

The default is set to Database, but when I switch it to file, it shuts off the program when I click search.  

Anyone else have this issue or has there been a post about this already?

Using Windows 10. McAfee security. 

I did try a reinstall and it still does it. 

Comments

• When I go to do file searches in the newest version of DAZ studio it crashes. 

The default is set to Database, but when I switch it to file, it shuts off the program. 

Anyone else have this issue or has there been a post about this already?

• So this is in the Content Library? Is it the switching from database to file that causes the crash, or doing a search? It does sound as if there may be a problem with accessing one of your mapped content directories, or perhaps an unusual character that the OS has allowed but which causes a problem in DS.

• It defaults to Database. But when I switch it to File and hit search it crashes. 

Running Windows 10 and the 64 bit studio pro

• Can you view your content directories in DS without errors? What security software are you using?

• I reposted this to the proper forum. Could a Moderator delete this post please and thank you. 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

McAfee has been causing quite a few problems with DS just lately

Duplicate Threads merged

• Thank you Chohole!

• Chohole said:

McAfee has been causing quite a few problems with DS just lately

So this is just something I need to wait out until it's fixed then. 

I think it has been reccomended that you try disconnecting from the internet and disabling McAfee while you are working in DS,