Creating morphs specifically for unusually shaped characters? Please help!

Is it possible to design a morph in ZBrush so that is optimized for an existing, unusually shaped character, but can be applied seperately?  For an example of the sort of thing I mean, look at the variant head shape morphs for the Genesis 1 Reptilian.  That's not to say the reptilian is what I want to make a new morph for, but the way the special head morphs in it work is the same concept to what I want to make.  If it's possible to do something like this in ZBrush, how would the process differ from making a morph for a base figure?  Would I export the figure with the character already dialed in, and if not, how do I make sure it will look right on the final character?

Comments

• Check Reverse Deformations when coming back from ZBrush, that will leave only the chnages you made which can then be applied on top of the base shape.

• CowrieCowrie Posts: 143

Just to be clear, I do this by dialing the character morph, exporting to ZBrush, making my changes, and then checking Reverse Deformations when going back to Daz Studio?  I assume when I send it to ZBrush in the first place, Export with Deformations has to be checked, right?

• Cowrie said:

Just to be clear, I do this by dialing the character morph, exporting to ZBrush, making my changes, and then checking Reverse Deformations when going back to Daz Studio?  I assume when I send it to ZBrush in the first place, Export with Deformations has to be checked, right?

Correct.

Thanks, both of you.

edited November 2017

How do you switch reverse deformations on?  There's no check box.  When I turn on advanced options it looks like the attached image.

GoZ screenshot.png
    366 x 308 - 15K
    Post edited by Cowrie on
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,926
    edited November 2017
    Cowrie said:

How do you switch reverse deformations on?  There's no check box.  When I turn on advanced options it looks like the attached image.

Right click on "No" in the high litten line. You'll get a small check box with "No" or "yes".

Post edited by Masterstroke on

Thanks!