My positioning tools.... Overly responsive

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

This is a weird issue... But I had this big windows 10 update earlier in the week and afterwards, now sometimes  when I move the positioning tools, even just to touch them, it vastly over positions the viewpoint, to a radical new view. It seems to have become super sensitive for some reason. But weirdly it isn't all the time.

I did eventually reset my interface, but the positioning tool (such as rotation of view), sometimes spins to odd angles whenever I touch it.

I'm not sure if it related to the 10 update, but I didn't have this issue before....

Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

This is a weird issue... But I had this big windows 10 update earlier in the week and afterwards, now sometimes  when I move the positioning tools, even just to touch them, it vastly over positions the viewpoint, to a radical new view. It seems to have become super sensitive for some reason. But weirdly it isn't all the time.

I did eventually reset my interface, but the positioning tool (such as rotation of view), sometimes spins to odd angles whenever I touch it.

I'm not sure if it related to the 10 update, but I didn't have this issue before....

It's not Windows 10 but DAZ Studio 4.10. I have same trouble. The DAZ Studio Translate Tool for the viewport is practically unusuable in 4.10.x I have to switch to the Geometry Editor and you the translate & roate sliders in the Parameters Tab / Posing Tab instead & even then it 'catches' sometimes (mostly worse just after cancelling a render to make small adjustments I didn't notice in the viewport setting up the scene).

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Ack! well glad to know I'm not alone, but its very strange. I can hardly navigate properly any longer half the time.

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

Ack! well glad to know I'm not alone, but its very strange. I can hardly navigate properly any longer half the time.

I've stayed with windows 8.1. :-) However, I've experienced the same issue.  The odd thing is that it seems to be for selected projects. Well, I'll double check and load a couple but that's what I've noticed. Plus in task manager, runs at 98% CPU

I would've loved to stay with 8.1 but my new machine came with 10, and its not downgradable. =-(.

This is something new- it was doing this before.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,940

I have the same problem, and there is another thread about it somewhere on the forum, so other people have it, too. I have Window 10 and DS 4.10.

Yeah it is fairly unusable right now especially for the detailed work of placing small objects. I am glad to know I’m not alone but this is an unfortunate bug