[Question] Where to Find Aluminum Iray Shader ?

Hello artists!

This is a quick question as you see in the Discussion Title, I need aluminum style shaders.
So.. Where to find some :) ?

Free/Paid/PC+.. Whatever, I need some :)

Thanks for reading and have a nice day !

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

You get them free with DAZ Studio  4.9 and 4.10 if you are doing iRay renders. They are in the Tab - Content Library - Library - Shader Presets - Iray - DAZ Uber and they have :

Metal - Aluminum - Brushed

Metal - Aluminum - Polished - Coated

Metal - Aluminum - Polished

Metal - Aluminum - Satin - Coated

Metal - Aluminum - Satin

along with other metals like gold, silver, cobalt, iron, platinum, silver, titanium, ...

• GatorGator Posts: 1,293

I forget which particular one, but Mec4D has EXCELLENT metal shaders that I use all the time.  Look at the descriptions, both vol 1 or 2 I think are all metal, vol 3 has other materials too.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited November 2017

I have only volume too of MED4D iRay shaders & that's volume 2 & they are good too but for plain simple metals with no frills the free ones from DAZ are better. Her other volumes have metal shaders too but I don't own them.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

Volume one of the Mec4d shader sets has all sorts of variations for more "basic" aluminiom, including spray and metal paints. Pretty much any metal shader contains an aluminium set version, so just cruise the shop for Iray metal. 

they are a good choice for many projects, but I agree with nonesuch, try the base ones that come with studio first, if they don't work for your purposes, you can still shop for others. smiley

• Thanks to all to answered me, yeah.. I completly forgot to check in self-Iray shaders in DAZ Studio (lol..)

Anyway, yeah, Mec4D shaders seems great aswell!