Geometry editor fiber mesh hair issue

I’ve  been messing around with kitbashing men’s hair together. I have been somewhat successful with turning off cutout opacity for parts of the styles to effectively combine them. What I’m running into is some hair elements which still are visible after I’ve hid their selective parts. So I pulled up the geometry editor. Selected those visible hair elements and assigned it to a surface. I then went in and made that selection opaque. Unfortunately those elements still show.

Is it possible that this tool can’t select or cannot make certain things invisible? 

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited November 2017

Here's what I see. The bottom hair has a distincitve front that I don't want. I took that off with geometry editor only because it refused to hide itself wtih the opacity settings. I wanted to preserve the hairline which I prefer to the hair's original hairline which I don't like. It is definitely the bottom hair. Its still visisble even though I've taken off the top with geometry editor and assisgned it to its own group.

er.png
    1400 x 1600 - 3M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited November 2017

Are you sure it's actually "fiber mesh" hair? That isn't a standard mesh object, like most standard DAZ hair models, it's using a function of the 3Delight render engine to create fibres at render time that simulate actual strands of hair — just like Poser's Hair Room. As such, I don't think it has any actual geometry for the Geometry Editor to work on, just a definition of a hair-generating surface.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

When I use Geometry Editor to select fibremesh hair to hide sometimes I manage to select it on the other side of the head and hide too much geometry.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited November 2017

I think it is the scalp and never figured it our. Even though I geo edited the scalp it showed through. I do think there are some objects geo editor can’t grab and fix for some reason and I've had issues with scalps before being visible.

Post edited by Serene Night on