CMS Issues

ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255
edited November 2017 in The Commons

In case anyone is having CMS issues, here's what worked for me:

I have a backup computer that I don't really use for DAZ stuff. Every day I automatically synchronize all my stuff on my main computer to the backup over the network so the backup harddrive is pretty much identical. So the other day I tried to start up Studio on the backup, and it was fine except it said it couldn't establish a CMS connection with all the PostgreSQL stuff, whatever that is. I could see all my scenes, but when I loaded them none of my content was loaded, and everything was just gray squares. 

So after re-installing, and it didn't fix it, I found someone mentioned in one of the help desk (?) threads that they deleted the entire CMS folder and all of a sudden everything worked. Well, I did the same and everything worked. Apparently it re-generates whatever it needs and re-logs-you-in to whatever CMS system. 

I'm not saying it will work for you, but it sure worked for me. I think the location is here:

C:/Users/(your name here)/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/cms 

Anyone know if that will cause a complete meltdown of my computer because it was the wrong thing to do? Thanks.   

Post edited by ebergerly on

Comments

• Deleting that folder will, unless you are using a changed path, delete the database. You can reimport metadata to rebuild it but that will restore only product data and userdata from your own exports (if any). Usually the failure to connect to PostgreSQL (the actual database providing the CMS) is down to permission issues (if DS or DIM, or Carrara, had been run as adminsitrator), security software, or possibly closing one CMS-using application and immediately starting another, so that the shutdown from the first isn't compleet when the second is starting.

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255

Thanks. Is re-importing metadata easy to do? 

• Content Library option menu>Content DB maintenance>Check reimport Metadata.

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255

Cool, thanks. That seemed to clean things up nicely. 

• I'm downloading a game right now, and getting the cms error message when I try to open Studio. Is the downloading of the game causing this? Or has something gone wrong with Studio?