Thank You for Hexagon

Thank you, DAZ, for Hexagon.

It will be interesting to compare it with Blender and also try out some of the tutorials. And of course giving it away will make you a little bit of money because of the accompanying tutorial sale!

Comments

• I was lucky enough to pick Hexagon up for a few dollars during a sale in the spring. However, I'd like to add in my thanks. I think it is wonderful how Daz gives stuff away and puts on truly money savings sales. There is an atmosphere here that makes me feel good about being a customer and that is very rare in todays world.

So thank you Daz for Hexagon and everything else you do that makes your company a wonderful experience.

MoG

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

I bought hexagon 2 for 1.99$ on release, and always loved that program. I'm glad to see DAZ has decided to invest in it.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,933

I'm sure those getting it free will enjoy it... but for one quick secondI I thought DAZ had sneakily updated the program, so it ended up being a big let down.   

• Cybersox said:

I'm sure those getting it free will enjoy it... but for one quick secondI I thought DAZ had sneakily updated the program, so it ended up being a big let down.   

That's actually coming. smiley

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

Yeah, DAZ_Steve gave a statement in the other thread. 

Of course, it's probably DAZ soon, but "soon" is intended to be 2018 at least by current expectations.

Just making it 64-bit compliant would be a big improvement.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,933
    Cybersox said:

That's actually coming. smiley

Just saw that in the other thread!  Yes, that's definitely worth getting excited about.  :)

• ElspathElspath Posts: 180

I'm excited! I haven't had Hex or Bryce in years. I downloaded them years ago when they were free and had a direct download. Lost them off of my old computer and didn't have them in my purchase history so I am really happy to have them back and have the serial numbers! Thanks DAZ!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

Heh! Went to redownload and see that it's about time they gave it an update. It definitely won't run on MacOS Sierra or later. I suspect that the more recent Mas OS series flatly won't run a 32-bit program. Or not well enough to claim that anyone can.

I'll admit I haven't even tried for a couple of years.