Uninstall & Reinstall of DAZ 4.10 - Just want to make sure I am doing this right

Since DAZ updated to 4.10 I have not been able to export animations using fbx.  It seems that for most people it is working fine. 
I sent info in to support, but haven't heard back yet. 
I found another poster who had the same problem.  They unistalled and reinstalled DAZ which fixed their problem.  Great!
I went to my Product Library and downloaded DAZ 4.10.
I went to my (Windows 10) Control Panel / Programs & Features and I don't see DAZ.  Bryce and Hexagon are in there though.
DIM has an Uninstall option for DAZ Studio 4.10.

Before I completely break all of DAZ on a holiday weekend, I just want to confirm that I can hit the Unistall button in DIM, then reinstall from DIM or my download.

I have exported my custom categories.  Anything else I need to save off before I hit the button?

Thanks!
Helene

Comments

• Helene said:

Since DAZ updated to 4.10 I have not been able to export animations using fbx.  It seems that for most people it is working fine. 
    I sent info in to support, but haven't heard back yet. 
    I found another poster who had the same problem.  They unistalled and reinstalled DAZ which fixed their problem.  Great!
    I went to my Product Library and downloaded DAZ 4.10.
    I went to my (Windows 10) Control Panel / Programs & Features and I don't see DAZ.  Bryce and Hexagon are in there though.
    DIM has an Uninstall option for DAZ Studio 4.10.

Before I completely break all of DAZ on a holiday weekend, I just want to confirm that I can hit the Unistall button in DIM, then reinstall from DIM or my download.

I have exported my custom categories.  Anything else I need to save off before I hit the button?

Thanks!
    Helene

Yes, uninstalling from DIM should work - though note it won't remove your content, categories, or settings. You will need to reinstall the Dynamic Clothing Control plug-in, if you have that, as installing DS always replaces it with the basic version.