Daz has never given me problems re; my current OpenGL

​Tonight I found the following message on my machine:  Daz studio requires at least an OpenGL ver 1.3. your machine currently provides OpenGL 1l1. Pls contact your video card provider to get upgraded drivers to an OpenGL 1.3 compatible card.  This has never happened before. Also some forum members had indicated that Windows has again pushed an upgrade that has MESSED everything up. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4200.  Tried to see if this needed an upgrade up this is the most up to date driver.  Please tell me what I need to do in order to be able to access my Daz.  Right now I can't access Daz because i keep getting this innane message "Daz requires at least an OpenGL. et al.  Please help.  Sorry but I need my Daz and would like to know what I need to do to get my stuff back. Cheers and thanks

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

If you are running DAZ Studio 4.10.x the real reason you are probably getting that error is your viedo card doesn't support openCL 1.2 (openCL and openGL are not the same thing).

You need the newest version of drivers AMD/ATI supply for you video card and check their support site dirctly for openCL 1.2 support of your ATI Radeon HD 4200 (I think it is not supported though and you will need to used DAZ 3D 4.9.x instead).

• ​Tonight I found the following message on my machine:  Daz studio requires at least an OpenGL ver 1.3. your machine currently provides OpenGL 1l1. Pls contact your video card provider to get upgraded drivers to an OpenGL 1.3 compatible card.  This has never happened before. Also some forum members had indicated that Windows has again pushed an upgrade that has MESSED everything up. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4200.  Tried to see if this needed an upgrade up this is the most up to date driver.  Please tell me what I need to do in order to be able to access my Daz.  Right now I can't access Daz because i keep getting this innane message "Daz requires at least an OpenGL. et al.  Please help.  Sorry but I need my Daz and would like to know what I need to do to get my stuff back. Cheers and thanks

You need to get and install the latest Radeon drivers or reinstall them if you already have the installer available.The ones that Microsoft provides in its updates don't always support the right version of OpenGL for applications that use it.