Eliminating parts of a figure geometry? Body Parts?

With a DAZ3d human figure, is there some way to eliminate body parts?  Not just make an arm or leg invisible, but to actually get rid of it?

Thanks!

Comments

• You can use the Geometry Editor - select the polygons you want to hide (the list of groups and surfaces in the Tools Settings pane may help), Right-click>Geometry Visibility>Hide Selected, right-click>Geometry Editing>Remove Hidden.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

I'm wondering if he means a way to morph/model them out?

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,052
    Sorel said:

I'm wondering if he means a way to morph/model them out?

Would what Richard Haseltine recommended model them out?

It just leaves a black hole where the polygons used to be, but it does get rid of the polygons instead of just merely hiding them,.

• Geocrafting works well to remove body parts like an arm, simply create an stump and have it replace all past it, this can also be done to replace the part with something else like an non humanoid robotic hand or add stuf like tails.
    Benefit is that you keep the old model underneet. You will want to lock rotation of part past it like removing an hand at the wrist will still rotate the hand they aplying poses. 

I have thought about geografts. I've never made any though so I'm not sure where to start.
  • FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,052

Is it possible to remove ALL THE GEOMETRY except for the face/eyes/mouth?

• Sorel said:
    I have thought about geografts. I've never made any though so I'm not sure where to start.

Done it multiple time but so long ago I don't realy remember.