Bizon Box for iMac - Buy Empty?

I see the Bizon Box external GPU for iMac is discounted this weekend (from $600 to $400).  Would it be wise to buy now, and then look for a good deal on an NVidia GPU later?   The 1080ti BizonBox offers seems more expensive than what I see at Newegg.   FOr that matter, why are there so many different prices on 1080ti GPUs at Newegg?  What is the difference between these?

Comments

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321
    Ostadan said:

I see the Bizon Box external GPU for iMac is discounted this weekend (from $600 to $400).  Would it be wise to buy now, and then look for a good deal on an NVidia GPU later?   The 1080ti BizonBox offers seems more expensive than what I see at Newegg.   FOr that matter, why are there so many different prices on 1080ti GPUs at Newegg?  What is the difference between these?

Different components. How many fans? Do they have sleeve bearings or the more expensive ball bearings. Do they have fancy light displays? Who made the card, if it's a company known for quality they can charge more. Maybe the maker feels that because the card is prettier, they can charge more. How complex is the cooling system? How good is the software?

It all adds up.