RESOLVED: General Question: Dark and Deadly

ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 625
edited February 2018 in The Commons

Hello All,

I have a quick question. I was looking at redoing an image I created prior to 2011. I have all the moving parts but I don't use Poser anymore. When I tried to use the package Dark and Deadly, the skin ended up shiny like metal and I'm having a hard time getting it to look like skin. I tried the male version and got much the same thing.

Any suggestions? I'm still learning the finer parts about DAZ Studio (v4.10).

Post edited by ArtsyDragon on

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Those are for 3DL, are you rendering with IRay?

• Hello,

I did switch from IRAY to the 3Delight engine. There was a change, but it went from completely glossy to completely flat black.No eyes at all, no texture really on the skin to show details like when it was glossy.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,929

Hello,

I did switch from IRAY to the 3Delight engine. There was a change, but it went from completely glossy to completely flat black.No eyes at all, no texture really on the skin to show details like when it was glossy.

You rememberes to put some lights up on the 3DL render? And remember to activate shadows.

• There are lights in the scene. I did not activate shadows. Back in IRAY I have started to mess with Diffuse color and with glossiness. I'm having some very promising draft renders.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,929

I don't have the set, so not sure what the matter in 3DL then, but basically its supposed to work

• That is reassuring. I've been in IRAY land for so long, I have not read up on 3Delight. I'll do that and report back! :) I appreciate the answers/suggestions.