Gift Card Sale not Working Properly

Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,643
edited November 2017 in The Commons

Ok, it is not a lot of money but none-the-less:

The sale advertises 5% off with the purchase of any new release but only gives the higher discount with the purchase of one of today's new releases and not with other new releases. Can this please be fixed; hopefully before the end of current giveaway period.

Thanks

gift cerd sale.jpg
1287 x 550 - 90K
Gift Card Cart.jpg
1634 x 695 - 102K
Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

It's saving you 1 extra dollar per $100, so it only really is worth the purchase with new release when you buy buy above $300.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,643
    edited November 2017
    BeeMKay said:

It's saving you 1 extra dollar per $100, so it only really is worth the purchase with new release when you buy buy above $300.

Unless, of course, I'm buying a new release anyway to get the 3 freebies. But like I said it really isn't much difference.

ETA: Now fixed by changing the wording on the sale page

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,614
    I bought a gift cert and tried to redeem it and got a "Wrong Gift Card Code" warning at the top of the page. I bought the card to save a little extra money and it didn't work at all. There SHOULD be a way to go to the order page and have a new code sent in case of such a situation. Has anyone else had this happen?
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    tsarist said:
    I bought a gift cert and tried to redeem it and got a "Wrong Gift Card Code" warning at the top of the page. I bought the card to save a little extra money and it didn't work at all. There SHOULD be a way to go to the order page and have a new code sent in case of such a situation. Has anyone else had this happen?

Did you possibly receive two emails with different codes?  It's been a while since I bought a Gift Card, but at one point there was a bug which caused some people to get two emails, but only one of the had a working code (when it happened to me it was always the 2nd email which worked).

Hey Mike! No such luck. I only got one email. Have checked back a few times but still only one email. I wouldn't be bothered but money is tight and I thought I'd save a few pennies and ended up spending money I didn't have.
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

Have you checked the spam? i always ended up there with my second mail, that contained the valid code, until I began rerouting all DAZ- sended mail to its own folders.

BeeMKay said:

Have you checked the spam? i always ended up there with my second mail, that contained the valid code, until I began rerouting all DAZ- sended mail to its own folders.

Hello Bee Yes. That's where the email with the code showed up. There was only one email with a code. The other email I got was an invoice that had no code.
  • I just purchased a gift card and saw the above mentioned "Wrong Gift Card Code" message.  After saying a few choice words, I checked my balance on the "Store Credit" page and the amount correctly showed in my account.  I believe I received the message because I had first clicked on the link in the email that said "Gift Card code -  ##########" which automatically redeemed the gift card but instead of a confirmation page, it showed the gift card redemption page asking for the gift card number again.  So when I entered the gift card number and clicked redeem, it gave me the error message which was only because I was trying to redeem the same code twice.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,129

What's confusing is that when you successfully redeem the card, there is absolutely no confirmation about it. It loads the page back like nothing happened. You need to check the actual balance to see that it's there.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

the gift card sale is not working for me either. (the part where you add a new release for additional savings)

I'll skip that part I guess, but I was tempted to add some expressions to my cart, but neither trigger an additional discount so oh wells.

discounted gift cards are always nice though..

• Yeah, I'm not seeing the extra 1% either.  But on a $250 gift card that comes to $2.50 so whatever.  I was going to buy the evil clown stuff anyway, and an additional 8% off the rest of it helps. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,919
    edited November 2017

It's working for me right. What pack are you trying to use in your cart?

Edit: NM it don't seem to working fro me either. I will have the other mods check and see if they get the same thing. If so we will report it

Post edited by frank0314 on

I reported it

It's fixed now.