G3F Centaur Problems - Characters and Hides

I picked up the G3F Centaur yesterday, plus the G3F Breeds and Hides but I cannot seem to load either a G3F character (Arianna) or one of the Hides without getting an error.

Do I load the Female Centaur Additive or Female Centaur, and is this before or after loading my G3f character? I have been loading the Centaur or Additive first, then trying to load the character or head morph, if I want, and finally texures. Characters,  character (Iray) MATS,  & Hides MATS all get the same or a similar error.

I can provide the error messages if it will help.

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited November 2017

The error message will help tremendiously. If you post a question about a problem, any screen shot or error message you can supply will help solving the problem faster (but always be sure to add some modesty clothing to your characters, to comply with the forum TOS). smiley

That said, the Female Centaur loads a complete Centaur+G3 Base. The Additive adds the Centaur horse part to any given G3 female character. The adult in the image is Female Cetaur, the child is Camdyn character, with the Centaur Additive.

If you use the Additive, always load the G3 character first, then make sure you have selected G3 in the scene tab before you load the Additive.

This is also true if you want to add a different material. The materials for the centaurs are saved in a hierachical way, so you select the "top", which is the human, and the materials will be "handed down" from there and applied in the right order and places.

The same goes for the centaur poses.

The shapes, you can dial in from the parameter tab, if you select the Centaur body from the listing.

centaur.JPG
    1616 x 889 - 121K
    centaurshapes.JPG
    1837 x 917 - 176K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • edited November 2017

Thanks for the advice, I will try those tips this afternoon. I wasn't sure about including the log message as it was very long. (I will from now on) This is one of them. Although I know nothing about code, the others all look to be about the same. Also, I am still using DS 4.9x and the files are in the default DIM locations. 

2017-11-24 16:58:32.113 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: ERROR:  expected "]" to end datum, but got ":opno 654 :opfuncid 1258 :opresulttype 25 :opretset false :opcollid 100 :inputcollid 100 :args ({OPEXPR :opno 654 :opfuncid 1258 :opresulttype 25 :opretset false :opcollid 100 :inputcollid 100 :args ({OPEXPR :opno 654 :opfuncid 1258 :opresulttype 25 :opretset false :opcollid 100 :inputcollid 100 :args ({OPEXPR :opno 654 :opfuncid 1258 :opresulttype 25 :opretset false :opcollid 100 :inputcollid 100 :args ({VAR :varno 1 :varattno 11 :vartype 25 :vartypmod -1 :varcollid 100 :varlevelsup 0 :varnoold 1 :varoattno 11 :location 65} {CONST :consttype 25 :consttypmod -1 :constcollid 100 :constlen -1 :constbyval false :constisnull false :location 79 :constvalue 5 [ 20 0 0 0 32 ]}) :location 76} {VAR :varno 1 :varattno 9 :vartype 25 :vartypmod -1 :varcollid 100 :varlevelsup 0 :varnoold 1 :varoattno 9 :location 86}) :location 83} {CONST :consttype 25 :consttypmod -1 :constcollid 100 :constlen -1 :constbyval false :constisnull false :location 102 :constvalue 5 [ 20 0 0 0 32 ]}) :location 99} {VAR :varno 1 :varattno 10 :vartype 25 :vartypmod -1 :varcollid 100 :varlevelsup 0 :varnoold 1 :varoattno 10 :location 109}) :location 106}) :location 42})"; length = 4

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on

I can't say I've seen that message before, but let me know if it still shows up in you later tests.

• edited November 2017

Making progress. No error messages. I should have done screenshots last night, but as I recall, the Scene tab showed the Female Centaur Body and Centaur Shell instances but not the Genesis 3 Female, so maybe that is why the error messages.) 

I have been able to load both the Centaur female (first image) & G3F Arianna plus F Centaur Additive (second image). Do I need to simply hide the human lower body, which I see with either F Centaur or F Centaur Additive, or does that indicate something is still not right?

I can get the textures (3Delight) for both Centaur White and Arianna to load, as well as the Arianna head morph and I found the breed morphs, although I haven't tried them.

F Centaur as loaded.jpg
    1920 x 1150 - 344K
    F centaur Add 3.jpg
    1920 x 1150 - 372K
    test render 1 FC.jpg
    437 x 530 - 57K
    Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
    edited November 2017

The legs should be hidden automatically. so something is still not right. You said that you are still using DS 4.9 - which version? The Centaur needs 4.9.3 or above.

I also found some post in the Centaur 7 thread where the they got that display when they had the geometry tool selected. Can you check those two points, please?

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • BeeMKay said:

The legs should be hidden automatically. so something is still not right. You said that you are still using DS 4.9 - which version? The Centaur needs 4.9.3 or above.

I also found some post in the Centaur 7 thread where the they got that display when they had the geometry tool selected. Can you check those two points, please?

Geometry isn't selected and the version is 4.9.3.166 (64 bit pro)

It's probable that the Version needs a higher version than the 4.9.3 that the thread mentioned.

I do get that same problem when I try to load the Centaur in DS 4.8, and I never upgraded to a newer version. But I do run DS 4.10 Beta side by side to the 4.8 installation, to use newer features (for example, Genesis 8 needs the newer stuff like Dual Lobe in Iray surface shader, and then, there's dForce)... The Centaur works fine in 4.10 Beta, as you can see from the images above.

You could try hiding the legs of the G3, and then the Geoshell (the greyish part), as that will also remain visible when you pose. I'm not sure if this will work, though. Sorry that I can offer no other solution, maybe someone else has a solution for this?

• BeeMKay said:

It's probable that the Version needs a higher version than the 4.9.3 that the thread mentioned...

You could try hiding the legs of the G3, and then the Geoshell (the greyish part), as that will also remain visible when you pose. I'm not sure if this will work, though. Sorry that I can offer no other solution, maybe someone else has a solution for this?

I tried hiding the legs and didn't know to hide the geoshell. (Haven't worked much with them.) But that will do for a workaround for now. I will see if there's still a 4.10 beta.

And thank you so much for all the time you spent helping me with this.