Is there a way to convert a LAMH preset to another figure type (genesis to genesis 3 male)?

I was trying to convert a Rawart's Sasquatch LAMH genesis preset to a genesis 3 figure is there any way to do this?  Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,592
    edited November 2017

I don't think there's any way to transfer the preset (please anybody correct me if I'm wrong!), but there might be another non-ideal way to get the hair on a G3 figure. You might try loading Squatch, dialing out his shape and dialing in G3F/G3M base shape. Export the hair as OBJ and, after re-importing, load a fresh G3F/G3M and use the transfer utility. You should then be able to apply morph shapes/poses to the G3 figure and the hair should follow (though probably not perfectly).

Tried this using Darwin as I don't own the Squatch - both the OBJ export and the transfer uitility took a while to run, but did eventually finish. Manipulating the figure at this point was slow (as is to be expected since the hair is actual geo now), and of course the shading needs to be addressed.

Anyway, here is a test render of some albino chimp hair on a posed G3F with a custom morph:

Fun exercise, and she came out looking pretty warm and cuddly if you ask me! The ultimate Snuggie ;)

- Greg

g3f-chimp-800.png
    800 x 1040 - 346K
    Post edited by algovincian on
  • JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited November 2017

I don't think there's any way to transfer the preset (please anybody correct me if I'm wrong!), but there might be another non-ideal way to get the hair on a G3 figure. You might try loading Squatch, dialing out his shape and dialing in G3F/G3M base shape. Export the hair as OBJ and, after re-importing, load a fresh G3F/G3M and use the transfer utility. You should then be able to apply morph shapes/poses to the G3 figure and the hair should follow (though probably not perfectly).

Tried this using Darwin as I don't own the Squatch - both the OBJ export and the transfer uitility took a while to run, but did eventually finish. Manipulating the figure at this point was slow (as is to be expected since the hair is actual geo now), and of course the shading needs to be addressed.

Anyway, here is a test render of some albino chimp hair on a posed G3F with a custom morph:

Fun exercise, and she came out looking pretty warm and cuddly if you ask me! The ultimate Snuggie ;)

- Greg

Thank you for the tips.  I had been trying to fit the genesis figures to genesis 3 male, but it crashed DAZ everytime I went to export the LAMH object.  I followed your method and it worked perfectly.  I was able to use the LAMH presets for"Ape World 2 - Orangutan HD" and "Darwin the Toon Chimp" applied to 'Humbug For Genesis 3 Male". No post work

grinch03.jpg
    742 x 961 - 152K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Pretty good Grinch there

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,592

- Greg

Thank you for the tips.  I had been trying to fit the genesis figures to genesis 3 male, but it crashed DAZ everytime I went to export the LAMH object.  I followed your method and it worked perfectly.  I was able to use the LAMH presets for"Ape World 2 - Orangutan HD" and "Darwin the Toon Chimp" applied to 'Humbug For Genesis 3 Male". No post work

Glad you got it working, Joe. Humbug is sweet - thanks for posting.

- Greg