DIM still leaving footprint in old directory

Been trying to get my Daz content all working off my E: drive, and mostly it seems to be working.  The DIM only refers to the E: drive in the "Installation" tab, but despite this, after an installation, the old "recommended" directory on \Users\Public is still being created and manifest files are being stored in there.  What I have I missed?  Why isn't everything on the E: drive? (DIM v1.1.0.72)

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

You can move the ManifestFiles folder by editing the .ini file, which is located in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\UserAccounts

Edit (or insert, if it doesn't exist) the line that reads

OverrideManifestDir=E:/DIM/ManifestFiles

(Note that the separator is a forward slash, even on Windows.)

• That works!  Thanks so much.  So while I have your attention, riddle me this.  Just about all the documentation/posts I've found online describes how to use the three elements of the Content Directory Manager: DAZ Studio Formats, Poser Formats, and Other Import Formats.  But DAZ actually has a fourth directory to manage, the DAZ Connect Data.  What is the recommended way to set that up?  What corresponding changes, if any, should I make the DIM?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

In DIM you can filter by "Connect Available" or "Connect Installed" so you don't duplicate installs, but other than that DIM doesn't do anything with the Connect installs.  If you install things with Connect you can change the location of the Connect Data in Content Directory Manager.