Tutorial on getting morphs to dial with body rotation?

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm interested to know how this is done. The muscle flex set was a good example of morphs dialing according to body part rotation. Is there a tutorial on this?

Comments

• JackFosterJackFoster Posts: 143
    edited December 1969

It was done with the property editor, I would think. There's some older tutorials about the property editor here, but they're more about general usage for the editor. This one is just about reverse deformations using Morph Loader, but I seem to remember a part of it that focused on a JCM, which is what you're talking about. Hopefully one of them will help you.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited December 1969

Cool. That looks like the answer I was looking for. Thanks.

edited December 1969

Hmmm. What if it is a morph that spans across 3 body parts? IE the abdomen, hip and pelvis? How would you solve that? Load the same morph for all 3 parts? It will be difficult to calculate each one to dial perfectly the same with 3 parts at different bend values. Or do you just add it to one instead of all three?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316
    edited December 1969

If you are using DS you can load all parts as a single step (and Genesis has geometry on the root only in any event). In Poser you can create a master morph slider on the body to control sub morphs, though with the base application you will need to load the morph for each part one at a time. If you use ERC to link to the root control you only need to do it once.

edited June 2012

Cool I'm using daz.. And how do you create a master dial to turn all auto dial morphs on or off. Like the flexion muscle set?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

The flexing morphs all get multiplied by the Flexion morph - so when it's zero so are they, regardless of the state of their other controllers (the actual bends).

edited December 1969

Makes sense, but how do you set that up? I got all my independant morphs to flex, but all thats left is a master dial, to switch them all on or off.

edited December 1969

If you are working in DAZ Studio, just add the Flexion morph as a controller to the various morphs ( drag the Flexion morph into the Controllers list for the flex morph in question), then change the ERC type to Multiply (with the Flexion morph selected under Controllers, Click ERC Type and select Multiply).

edited December 1969

Perfect Thanks:)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

Good stuff here... there should be a video tutorial for all this ... I'd pay for that! I'm more of a visual learner! Thanks for the info though! I'll get my head around it hopefully!

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Hi Kerya

Did you remove or move your tutorial? I'm getting error pages saying it's not there anymore!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited June 2012

RAMWolff said:

Hi Kerya

Did you remove or move your tutorial? I'm getting error pages saying it's not there anymore!

I am afraid it wasn't mine - I just linked to it.
    It was pinin's. And looking for pinin at sharecg shows me he/she removed everything from his/her portfolio there.

Edited to add homepage and email adress:
    http://poser-outerzone.com/meshes.htm

Post edited by Kerya on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    RAMWolff said:

Hi Kerya

I am afraid it wasn't mine - I just linked to it.
    It was pinin's. And looking for pinin at sharecg shows me he/she removed nearly everything from his/her portfolio there.
    http://www.sharecg.org/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=pinin&division_id=11&s=rd&pn=1

Edited to add homepage and email adress:
    http://poser-outerzone.com/meshes.htm

edited December 1969

Thanks much. I've sent her an email! Fingers crossed that I can get my mitts on that tutorial! :-)