Enamore Mage outfit - do you have it?

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
edited November 2017 in The Commons

The boots for the Enamore Mage outfit are super cute. But I've had a lot of hit and miss with transferring shoes across generations. Does anyone have the Enamore Mage outfit that can test the boots on one of the newer generation figures? G3 or G8 or even G2? I've had some V4 shoes transfer really well to the newer gens with Wear Them All or other Clone products, but I've also had some V4 shoes turn into strange twisted and warped blobs.

The Enamore Mage outfit is in this batch of current freebies. This is the first batch of freebies that I have been torn about. I don't have any of the five offerings and they all look really good. I'm leaning toward the mage outfit but would prefer to find out if the shoes are going to be useless on any figure other than V4 (which I don't use very often). Could someone who has the outfit test it? 

Post edited by 3Diva on

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

Give me a few minutes.  I have to install it (since I also have the Genesis version)

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

Give me a few minutes.  I have to install it (since I also have the Genesis version)

Oh, thank you DaWaterRat! :) I appreciate it!

• GoneGone Posts: 833

So here is a quick pic of the V4 boots on G3F.

MageBoots.jpg
    662 x 800 - 80K
    edited November 2017

Okay, render is proccessing (real basic 3DL) but the shoes and stockings fit G3F with no noticable issue.
    I'll edit this with the render once it's done, but it's certainly worth picking up for the price. :)

Okay, the lumps in the toes are a little more obvious in the render than the OpenGl interface, but still within what I'd consider workable parameters depending on the nature of the render.  I didn't use the boots often, because I'm not fond of their heavy aesthetic.

I probably could habe made a little more effort to pose the feet, too.

Enamore test.png
    607 x 1000 - 282K
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
    Gone said:

So here is a quick pic of the V4 boots on G3F.

Thank you, Gone. It's a bit lumpty (to be expected I suppose) - I wonder if ramping up the smoothing a bit would help.

Thank you for taking the time to render it! I think that would probably work with smoothing turned up. Maybe.. lol :) 

Okay, render is proccessing (real basic 3DL) but the shoes and stockings fit G3F with no noticable issue.
    I'll edit this with the render once it's done, but it's certainly worth picking up for the price. :)

Cool! Thank you! :D I look forward to the render. I figure I still have a couple hours to decide. lol

Oh that's not too bad at all. I think I'll get it - the outfit is quite pretty, imo! :)

Thank you for taking the time to render it! I appreciate it! yes

Edit in place. :)

Edit in place. :)

hahah I'm sold! Cute outfit and I think I can probably get the boots to work. Thanks again, DaWaterRat! :)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

The boots come far enough the shins to parent (one at a time. You might have to load them twice and make the other invisible) and just make the feet invisible. Need to pose the boots separately, but that's doable.

edited November 2017
    JOdel said:

The boots come far enough the shins to parent (one at a time. You might have to load them twice and make the other invisible) and just make the feet invisible. Need to pose the boots separately, but that's doable.

Oh, that's a good idea! That way there will (hopefully) be no distortions. Thanks, JOdel. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

Been doing that with boots ever since Genesis 1. It usually works well enough to pass.

edited November 2017
    JOdel said:

Been doing that with boots ever since Genesis 1. It usually works well enough to pass.

I usually save that for boots that either don't change with the foot pose, or else ones that get really, really mangled.  These accepted the new foot position fairly well, with only the same soul/heel distortions that you find with any heeled shoe that doesn't automatically apply the correct footpose.

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • ChameoChameo Posts: 306

And for what it's worth - lots of shaping morphs on the boots - and the outfit itself conforms nicely to extreme body morphs, which is something I often have trouble with for my bigger ladies.

It's a lovely outfit!

Thanks for the help, guys! :)