Backgrounds and Sun and Sky only

Is it possible to use them together? When I tried in a scene te light was severely diminished from the artificial sun.  I'm kinda new so maybe I just haven't come across this one yet.

Comments

• Which backgrounds? Window>Panes(Tabs)>Environment?

• No - its an environment that is added when I load a scene.  (I'm still in the early learning stages here so sorry if thats frustrating).  I don't think its added via the environment tab (I'm not home right now or I'd open it and see).  I believe the scene I'm loading has a clickable object that loads a background into the scene.  (its a forrest scene with a forest background that makes it look liek it extends off into the distance and adds a sky.

• In Iray it issn't possible to turn shadow casting off as it is in 3Delight, so environment domes don't work in the same way. It's better to use an environment map or simply to add a backdrop image (after rendering and saving as tiff or PNG to get an alpha mask, or in the render using the Environment pane).

• Thanks!  Another addon question then - How do I add a map to the sphere via the environment when im using sun and sky only?

• Environment map and Sun and Sky are mutually exclusive, as far as I know - setting a map turns Sun and Sky off.