N.G.S. Anagenessis for G8 Figures from Dimension-Z

I think one of the best products Daz has ever released is N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 – Revolution from Dimension-Z. When I first used this product, I was stunned by the hyper-realistic results I got. After a few years of trying to figure out how to make my figures look as realistic as possible without learning how to do postwork in Photoshop, N.G.S. Anagenessis shaders have been a great help to me as I create renders with G2 and G3 figures. Yet one of the reasons I haven’t created any renders with G8 figures is Daz hasn’t released a version of N.G.S. for that generation. Maybe Daz already plans to release this in the future, but I would like to suggest a set of N.G.S. Anagenessis shaders for G8 figures. Would anyone else like to see these shaders?

Comments

• It's in the works.

• Epic82Epic82 Posts: 126

It's in the works.

Daywalker Designs,

Thank you for telling me this. 

• I love this product also, another thank you!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,600

There was an update for this product today. Not sure what was included.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,870

There was an update for this product today. Not sure what was included.

According to the readme: 2017-11-23 Removed bad UV references.

Whatever that means.

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637

It's in the works.

I can't seem to find a version for G8... is there one? Or would somebody recommend an alternative product for great looking realistic human skin?
    I was also looking at Ultimate Skin Manager (https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-iray-skin-manager) and Altern8 (https://www.daz3d.com/altern8--skin-shader-system-for-genesis-8).

Thanks so much for any insights.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378
    DMax said:

It's in the works.

I can't seem to find a version for G8... is there one? Or would somebody recommend an alternative product for great looking realistic human skin?
    I was also looking at Ultimate Skin Manager (https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-iray-skin-manager) and Altern8 (https://www.daz3d.com/altern8--skin-shader-system-for-genesis-8).

There isn't one yet...

nemesis10 said:
    DMax said:

It's in the works.

There isn't one yet...

Thank you... but sad. :(

• lana_lasslana_lass Posts: 520
    edited August 2020

It's in the works.

This is MEGA exciting news!! No question about it, it'll be an instabuy for sure laughI will be taking a chip out of my savings if need be!!

Do we have any rough timelines for it (e.g, 2020? 2021?)?

EDIT: Just went exploring on ASDimension-Z's page and it doesn't seem like he's mentioned the project in very long time, so I guess the answer to my above question is "Who knows!"

Post edited by lana_lass on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721
    lana_lass said:

It's in the works.

This is MEGA exciting news!! No question about it, it'll be an instabuy for sure laughI will be taking a chip out of my savings if need be!!

EDIT: Just went exploring on ASDimension-Z's page and it doesn't seem like he's mentioned the project in very long time, so I guess the answer to my above question is "Who knows!"

Just curious, why will it be an instabuy for sure? I didn't find the last version all that great and not very useful

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378
    lana_lass said:

It's in the works.

Just curious, why will it be an instabuy for sure? I didn't find the last version all that great and not very useful

I am a huge fan.  I suspect a lot people just clicked and didn't customize past that point. Its big strengths was something akin to the dual obe effect, a reduction in rendering time since the normal maps were simplified.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,870
    lana_lass said:

It's in the works.

Well, Daywalker's post was almost a full three years ago ...

vwrangler said:

Yeah I guess I will have to go with Skin Manager or Altern8.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited August 2020

Honestly it's easy. Copy/Paste G3 <-> G8 and eyelashes.

In my case, I created a H. Mat. preset and replace the maps with V3D Surface Manager script 

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • lana_lasslana_lass Posts: 520
    edited August 2020

vwrangler said:
    lana_lass said:

It's in the works.

HA!! I didn't even notice the 2017 date -- well, it's apparently still no closer than it was then cheeky

Post edited by lana_lass on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

DMax, I use Altern8 on 95% of my characters. I find it quite useful. My only complaint is that it sometimes has undesirable effect on nail color and when you choose option to not use nails it sometimes does not return the nail to the original color.

@Sigurd thank you for the feedback! I intend to purchase Altern8 too during the next sale.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited August 2020
    Epic82 said:

It's in the works.

Daywalker Designs,

Thank you for telling me this. 

Personally I think it's vapour wear, the third versoin.

Although I use it exclusively on G8 products without issues, so there isn't a need for G8 per say.

I never use Altern 8.

Post edited by nicstt on

I have never used N.G.S.. Anyone out want to share their opinions of it? How does it work for Genesis 8? Thank you.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,201
    Sigurd said:

I have never used N.G.S.. Anyone out want to share their opinions of it? How does it work for Genesis 8? Thank you.

genesis 8 changed the figure's surface materials parameters significantly.  g8 figures use dual-lobe skins for increased realism.  NGS 2 doesn't know what to do with them.  

j

Thanks for the heads up. So to sum up, do we know if N.G.S. for G8 is going to be a thing definitively? Any word from the P.A. re this?

Thank you.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    Sigurd said:

Thanks for the heads up. So to sum up, do we know if N.G.S. for G8 is going to be a thing definitively? Any word from the P.A. re this?

Thank you.

The PA hasn't talked about a G8 version of Anagenesis in a very long time.  I'd look elsewhere if I were you.

• Epic82Epic82 Posts: 126
    Sigurd said:

Thank you.

AS-Dimension-Z, the one who created the Anagenessis shaders, still plans to release a new version of his shaders some time in the future. Just go to his page at DeviantArt and you'll find out all about it.

Thank you all for your input. Much appreciated.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

I still prefer NGS 2 to the alternatives, although now I render in Blender, it is largely a moot option.