dForce fabric setting presets

There was a small set for the OptiTex plug in, which I think was a freebie.  But I would pay (maybe not a lot, depending on how many different fabrics were included, but I would pay) for someone to come up with dForce settings for various silks, broadcloth, bridal satin, tent canvas, clothing canvas, various leather/vinyl weights, microsuede, gaberdine, challis, charmuse, etc. etc. etc.

Bonus if it included some (very basic) material settings for iray for those too... (then I'd pay more)

Just don't release it after mid-month, or I won't be able to buy it until the next month. :)

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Me too!

• The trouble is that the geometry has a significant effect on how a model drapes, so what looked like a given fabric on one item might look very different on another.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

The trouble is that the geometry has a significant effect on how a model drapes, so what looked like a given fabric on one item might look very different on another.

True, but how a garment is contsructed also has a significant impact on how it drapes.  (Lined, unlined, different weights of interfacing, if it has support structures -boning and/or underwires - or not ...)

Besides, it would at least be a place to start.

Maybe a build your own.  As it stands now, the names of the sliders, while accurate, mean next to nothing to the average layperson.  Having a set of presets for various weights, drapes, stretch, etc. that wasn't just the end user's educated guess would work.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Surfaces pane option menu: dForce Surface Adjuster...

Chohole said:

Surfaces pane option menu: dForce Surface Adjuster...

Those adjust relative to the current settings, and it's not very clear how much adjusting each level does, either.

That was actually the first thing I tried when I first started playing with dForce.  I adjusted them, then went to adjust them again, and the values were back to zero on the pop-up.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I bet they integrate fabric type presets later on. Well a reasonable subset of common fabrics.

• The trouble is that the geometry has a significant effect on how a model drapes, so what looked like a given fabric on one item might look very different on another.

True, but how a garment is contsructed also has a significant impact on how it drapes.  (Lined, unlined, different weights of interfacing, if it has support structures -boning and/or underwires - or not ...)

Besides, it would at least be a place to start.

This is different than that. For some reason the number of vertices directly affects some settings. So exactly the same dress shape at a higher resolution drapes way different with the same fabric settings.