How to remove blur?

RedEyedRockerRedEyedRocker Posts: 0
edited November 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello! I'm Red.

I'm a beginner and I've just now started to learn DAZ 3D Studio and I've rendered the following image with Render Settings of "RENDER SETTINGS HIGH - Barefoot Dancer.duf" but with Dimentional Preset of "Full HD 1080p".

The problem is that the center and right area has blur effect while the left area is normal. How can I remove such blur?

TheRivalsRage - RedEyedRocker

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335

You'll need to adjust the camera settings for the selected camera, so that what you want to be in focus is between the two focal planes (near and distant.)  When you have the camera selected, and are viewing the scene in the viewport NOT through the camera (but through perspective/right/left/etc..) you will see a big pyramid coming out of the camera.....this is the view volume.  The far square from the camera (the 'base' of the pyramid) is the far focus plane.  The nearer square (a 'slice' through the pyramid) is the near focus plane.  Anything between those should be in focus, and anything outside will be out of focus.  The render settings just set height/width and such of the render, and don't affect the camera (except for the 'override resolution' thing which allows a camera to override the render settings resolutions, but that's all.)

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

It's called "Depth of Field", and it works like hphoenix explained. If you don't want the effect, you can swirch it off.

Here's some additional tutorial (the flipmode link) and imagery: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/113601/how-to-use-depth-of-field#latest

• RedEyedRockerRedEyedRocker Posts: 0
    edited November 2017
    hphoenix said:

You'll need to adjust the camera settings for the selected camera, so that what you want to be in focus is between the two focal planes (near and distant.)  When you have the camera selected, and are viewing the scene in the viewport NOT through the camera (but through perspective/right/left/etc..) you will see a big pyramid coming out of the camera.....this is the view volume.  The far square from the camera (the 'base' of the pyramid) is the far focus plane.  The nearer square (a 'slice' through the pyramid) is the near focus plane.  Anything between those should be in focus, and anything outside will be out of focus.  The render settings just set height/width and such of the render, and don't affect the camera (except for the 'override resolution' thing which allows a camera to override the render settings resolutions, but that's all.)

The assets are inside the near focus plane. I messed around a bit with stuffs in camera and later found out that disabling the "Depth Of Field" setting in the Camera fixed my problem.

This is the new rendered image in 1080p FHD.
    TRR - RedEyedRocker Render Test (FHD-1080p)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Depth of Field adds a lot to believability, and helps focus the eye.

• nicstt said:

Depth of Field adds a lot to believability, and helps focus the eye.

Well, I don't really want stuffs to be blurred out. I prefer non blurred renders as they look more detailed and better quality.