Tell Him Where To Go! Book Cover Art Needed

Don't you just love clickbait titles? But this time it is real. I need your help to tell a friend where to go to have a book cover designed. He tried messaging someone on Deviantart and the artist wanted "20% of royalties". Ummm really? My friend is not J.K. Rowling. The artist said he would "accept" $6,000. Ummmmm, my friend sells his books for $4.99 and is not selling a zillion books. My friend is an Indy author that writes scifi space books.He is working on 3rd book. The books are sold digitally only thru Amazon. For some crazy reason he wants space/planet/ships for cover art and not our beautiful Victorias, Michaels, et al. His previous 2 books used stock cover art and sees value in creating continuity so wants something made for him. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Premade books covers.  Search SelfPubBookCovers  and  theBookCoverDesigner   you can find bookcovers  ready for sale and premade for under $100

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited November 2017

I'm a published (indie) author that also creates book covers for myself and other artists. I'm also a promo artist for Sympatico Studios.

You can find my website here: http://www.llynara.com

Digtal Art FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/LlynaraDigitalArt

I don't have a lot up yet, but I do premades as well as custom covers. Most of my galleries are listed in my signature, as well as my art thread. He can contact me here, through my website, through Facebook or at [email protected]

Post edited by Llynara on
    ItsCeo said:
    Don't you just love clickbait titles? But this time it is real. I need your help to tell a friend where to go to have a book cover designed. He tried messaging someone on Deviantart and the artist wanted "20% of royalties". Ummm really? My friend is not J.K. Rowling. The artist said he would "accept" $6,000. Ummmmm, my friend sells his books for $4.99 and is not selling a zillion books. My friend is an Indy author that writes scifi space books.He is working on 3rd book. The books are sold digitally only thru Amazon. For some crazy reason he wants space/planet/ships for cover art and not our beautiful Victorias, Michaels, et al. His previous 2 books used stock cover art and sees value in creating continuity so wants something made for him. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Yeah, that sounds crazy- asking for royalties and $6000! There are plenty of us that would be happy to design him a custom cover for way less than that! 

• Llynara said:
    ItsCeo said:

Yeah, that sounds crazy- asking for royalties and $6000! There are plenty of us that would be happy to design him a custom cover for way less than that! 

I know right? I only cost $3000!

LOL

• I'm on thebookcoverdesigner and also have a facebook page   but I don't have anything like what he's looking for at the moment as a premade. I'm currently working with Steven Drake on the Demon's Blade Saga and I worked with John Yeo on The Infinite League, if he wants to see work that's on amazon already. One really cool site is DesignCrowd where he can enter what he wants, and how much he wants to pay, and designers will do the art & show it to him and he can pick the artist he wants to work with from there, he will need a higher budget then if he went with a premade. The contest is a sort of you get what you paid for, the best more established artists won't compete for the lower paying jobs, but most the work, even for the lower paying ones is pretty decent.  

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471

I am forwarding all the info above,

Thanks for your help - I know my friend will appreciate it!