Gen 7 Legacy Morphs?

Did April accidently include some of the Gen 7 guys in the Gen 8 list of the Terran Hair or is this perhaps a hint at some new Legacy Morphs? :)

Untitled.png
830 x 463 - 40K

Comments

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,490

That's a figment of your imagination, nothing to see here. lol

Actually, my mistake :) When we received Genesis 8 Male base we had no character shapes, so I tested a Transfer Utility method I read about on the forum to copy some of my favourite Gen 7 head morphs just to play with once.  Naturally I forgot all about them AND by the time I got back to G8M I thought they were Daz official shapes so I HAD to support them.  Ugh.  Yeah, so... consider it a bonus? crying lol  I don't remember which of my G8 hairs managed to get these but I have cleaned them out now so no future ones will have them.  cool

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

No, it was probably just split up wrong... the hair is also for G3. Of course, it could be a hint that Elijah is the next G8 male to appear on the stage...

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    BeeMKay said:

No, it was probably just split up wrong... the hair is also for G3. Of course, it could be a hint that Elijah is the next G8 male to appear on the stage...

No, April herself just explained that she used Transfer Utility to create her own legacy morphs for the hair.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391

I didn’t do Legacy Shapes this time around, for Genesis 3 to Genesis 8.  I wasn’t sure there would be an interest, since so many people have been transferring morphs on their own.  Plus, there are so many Genesis 3 shapes compared to past generations.  I couldn’t figure out which ones to do (and definitely don’t want to do ALL of them).  Do you think there is enough interest in Legacy shapes to do them for Genesis 8?  

One thing I considered was, instead of doing 4 or 5 shapes in each set, like I did for G2 to G3, that maybe I would do a “Generations” set for the main characters.  For example, Aiko 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 in one set (all for G8), Victoria 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 in another set, etc.

If enough interest is shown, I might consider doing something like that, skipping the characters that are less popular, such as Eva or Scott, etc.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    edited December 2017
    Slosh said:

I didn’t do Legacy Shapes this time around, for Genesis 3 to Genesis 8.  I wasn’t sure there would be an interest, since so many people have been transferring morphs on their own.  Plus, there are so many Genesis 3 shapes compared to past generations.  I couldn’t figure out which ones to do (and definitely don’t want to do ALL of them).  Do you think there is enough interest in Legacy shapes to do them for Genesis 8?  

One thing I considered was, instead of doing 4 or 5 shapes in each set, like I did for G2 to G3, that maybe I would do a “Generations” set for the main characters.  For example, Aiko 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 in one set (all for G8), Victoria 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 in another set, etc.

If enough interest is shown, I might consider doing something like that, skipping the characters that are less popular, such as Eva or Scott, etc.

That would be great! I think the idea of the "Generations" sets is really cool! 

As for transferring morphs ourselves - I've had particular trouble with larger eye characters not transferring well. So I'd definitely be interested in a Girl set and an Aiko set. But yeah, a Victoria set sounds great too. MOST people are not transferring morphs themselves, I'm willing to bet. And I'm also willing to bet that most people who buy 3D content here would rather pay someone for the legacy shape morphs than fiddle with trying to do it themselves. lol I could be wrong of course, but I doubt there are seriously large numbers of people who know how to do morph transfers themselves between G3 and G8. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

I like the idea of "generations" sets, it would be particularly interesting for characters where there were very different versions like Aiko or the Girl.

edited December 2017
    Slosh said:

That would be great! I think the idea of the "Generations" sets is really cool! 

As for transferring morphs ourselves - I've had particular trouble with larger eye characters not transferring well. So I'd definitely be interested in a Girl set and an Aiko set. But yeah, a Victoria set sounds great too. MOST people are not transferring morphs themselves, I'm willing to bet. And I'm also willing to bet that most people who buy 3D content here would rather pay someone for the legacy shape morphs than fiddle with trying to do it themselves. lol I could be wrong of course, but I doubt there are seriously large numbers of people who know how to do morph transfers themselves between G3 and G8. 

Right, such as myself. I mean, I CAN do it myself via Transfer Utility and all, but the post-organization isn't as convenient as it is with GenX. Not only that, speaking of GenX, the only thing we have somewhat close to a G8-supported version of it is SingularBlues' Script.

I LOVE the idea of a Generations-focused series, as it matches the approach Daz themselves are taking with releasing this Generation's icons. Maybe you should do than is corrispondence to the ones we have already:

Legacy Shapes Generations - Victoria
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Olympia
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Teen Josie
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Stephanie
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Monique
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Michael
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Darius

Mei Lin & Lee are already confirmed, Aiko and Girl are given, Gia & Gianni are expected, as is Lilith, and not sure about Julie. Maybe you can bundle characters like David, Lucian and Elijah as "Lucas' Friends" or something? And of course, last but not least would be what I'm going to call the "don't hold your breath" line including:

Legacy Shapes Generations - Anime Hero (Kenji 7, Hiro 5, Hiro 4, Hiro 3)
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Sci-Fi Tank (Ivan 7, Freak 5, Freak 4, Freak 3)
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Teen Boy (Teen Jayden, Tween Ryan, Young Teen Justin, Brodie)

Post edited by RCDeschene on

Where do you get your information?  LOL... I am a PA and have heard nothing about Mei Lin and Lee being confirmed (though I would reasonably expect them), nor Gia and Gianni or Lilith.  That is all conjecture, in my opinion.

I just got home from nearly a month in the hospital, and I am having some vision problems still.  So, I am not able to get back to work quite yet, but once I am able to, I will definitely give this some more consideration.

Thanks to all of you for the input.

Brian (Slosh)

edited December 2017
    Slosh said:

Where do you get your information?  LOL... I am a PA and have heard nothing about Mei Lin and Lee being confirmed (though I would reasonably expect them), nor Gia and Gianni or Lilith.  That is all conjecture, in my opinion.

I just got home from nearly a month in the hospital, and I am having some vision problems still.  So, I am not able to get back to work quite yet, but once I am able to, I will definitely give this some more consideration.

Thanks to all of you for the input.

Brian (Slosh)

Mei Lin 8 & Lee 8 FBMs have been spotted in various recent products. I said Gia, Gianni and Lilith are expected, not confirmed. Assumption is more reserved for Aiko and Girl. ;)

• Slosh said:

Where do you get your information?  LOL... I am a PA and have heard nothing about Mei Lin and Lee being confirmed

Mei Lin 8 is listed as a supported morph for at least one item.

Hmm.  That is very surprising to me.  Anyway...

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612

Mei Lin & Lee are already confirmed, Aiko and Girl are given, Gia & Gianni are expected, as is Lilith, and not sure about Julie. Maybe you can bundle characters like David, Lucian and Elijah as "Lucas' Friends" or something? And of course, last but not least would be what I'm going to call the "don't hold your breath" line including:

Legacy Shapes Generations - Teen Boy (Teen Jayden, Tween Ryan, Brodie)

There are some wild assumptions here that are completely unsubstantiated.
    We can guess at certain ones but there is no guarantee that those will be made.  Things change.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited December 2017

Well if they don't make Mei Lin 8 & Lee 8, I will have to use the transfer utility or FaceGen. And Girl 8 / Guy 8 I'd be stuck with transfer utility only.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870
    edited December 2017

So, here I was assuming it was just a short wait before the Genesis 3 Legacy morphs pack 1 would be out, and Slosh is thinking no one wants it. I suggest that the OP change the title of this thread to: "Do you want Genesis 3 Legacy Morphs?"

I like RCDeschene's suggestion, and I would definitely be a buyer of a Victoria or Aiko or Darius product. I would really appreciate ALL the males from Genesis 3 (with the exception of Guy). I have not quite got the hang of the transfer utility.

Post edited by xyer0 on

Hope you feel/see better soon, Brian! Thanks for your great products.

Thank-you, xyer0,  I’m trying :)  Wearing an eyepatch and everything.  It’s Bell’s Palsy, which is a temporary condition that should go away eventually.  Until then, I have double vision and dry eyes, etc.  So, not easy to work right now

Slosh said:

Thank-you, xyer0,  I’m trying :)  Wearing an eyepatch and everything.  It’s Bell’s Palsy, which is a temporary condition that should go away eventually.  Until then, I have double vision and dry eyes, etc.  So, not easy to work right now

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that, Brian! I'm glad to hear it's only temporary though, I hope your eyes get better soon. *big hugs*

It started with a bacterial infection in my arm, which I ignored until it spread throughout my body.  It was a close call (MRSA) and at the same time, I got the Bell's Palsy and my moher passed away.  It was a tough November, but I am glad to be back home and I can't wait to work on all the ideas I came up with while in the hospital.

edited December 2017
    Slosh said:

It started with a bacterial infection in my arm, which I ignored until it spread throughout my body.  It was a close call (MRSA) and at the same time, I got the Bell's Palsy and my moher passed away.  It was a tough November, but I am glad to be back home and I can't wait to work on all the ideas I came up with while in the hospital.

Whoa! How'd you get the bacterial infection? Was it a cut or a rash? (If that's something you don't want to talk about, I understand.) :)

I'm glad you're out of the hospital and are recovering! :D

Post edited by 3Diva on

MRSA?! Get well soon. I am glad they erradicated it from you. Sorry.

Slosh said:

Whoa! How'd you get the bacterial infection? Was it a cut or a rash? (If that's something you don't want to talk about, I understand.) :)

It was actually scratches.  Probably a combo of stress and dry skin, but I had uncontrollable itching and scratched myself up pretty badly and it got infected.  What. A. Maroon.  :P

You poor thing! Itching is a form of pain. Drink at least 2 liters of water a day for starters, preferably first thing in the morning.

AprilYSH said:

That's a figment of your imagination, nothing to see here. lol

Actually, my mistake :) When we received Genesis 8 Male base we had no character shapes, so I tested a Transfer Utility method I read about on the forum to copy some of my favourite Gen 7 head morphs just to play with once.  Naturally I forgot all about them AND by the time I got back to G8M I thought they were Daz official shapes so I HAD to support them.  Ugh.  Yeah, so... consider it a bonus? crying lol  I don't remember which of my G8 hairs managed to get these but I have cleaned them out now so no future ones will have them.  cool

@AprilYSH, I love the "buzz cut" hair on Terran Hair! Would you consider making a larger, morphable version of that without the tapered edges? Thank you for continuing to support Genesis 3, as I use it right alongside Genesis 8, and it's nice not to have to struggle as hard. And finally, congratulations on sussing the curl issue and giving us so many fabulous curly styles over the past year.

Slosh said:
    Slosh said:

It was actually scratches.  Probably a combo of stress and dry skin, but I had uncontrollable itching and scratched myself up pretty badly and it got infected.  What. A. Maroon.  :P

I don't know where you live but in USA they have at WalMart & such places Johnson & Johnson's Vanilla Oatmeal Baby Lotion and since it's made for babies it is scentless and made to be non-allergic.  It's $6 a big 27 oz bottle. A chemical in oats is well known to help remedy dry skin which is often a allergic reaction. I've been using for only a month and the ultra-dry skin is healing. Also if you frequently eat oatmeal it is a well-known anti-inflammatory for your circulatory system, skin, and other body tissues. You could use a blender to make oat flour and apply that to your skin after mixing it with warm water but it's messy and cold, the baby lotion is cheaper and more effective, especially when supplemented with eating oats. There are other brands too but Johnson & Johnson's was the cheapest per ounce and the oats was 5th or 6th on the ingredients list (most common ingredient is listed 1st, 2nd most common 2nd, and so on but the percentages aren't listed unfortunately) which is the same or higher then the other oatmeal lotions so keep that in mind because it's the effects of the oatmeal that you want. 

And if you just can't stand vanilla & oat baby lotion there is an over-the-counter lotion (in the USA) made of (milk) lactin called Amlactin. However, when I lived in Switzerland you had to have a prescription for it though. It is simply a very mild acidic lotion (milk serum and aspirin and a few other things) that was invented to help people with alligator skin (severe psoriasis I think).

Sorry for the loss of your mother.

edited December 2017
    Slosh said:
    Slosh said:

How awful. The human body is so frail that scratching can lead to all that. Bleh, we're too fragile! I'm so glad you're getting better though! :D

I'm I'm super excited to see what you'll be creating once you're seeing well enough. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited December 2017
    Lyoness said:

Legacy Shapes Generations - Teen Boy (Teen Jayden, Tween Ryan, Brodie)

There are some wild assumptions here that are completely unsubstantiated.
    We can guess at certain ones but there is no guarantee that those will be made.  Things change.

Mei Lin & Lee have already been revealed in product FBMs. Aiko is the second most popular character next to Victoria, Girl only missed one generation so far, and Gia, Gianni, and Lilith have made the post-generation top sellers lists twice now along with all the others that keep coming back. Of course it's no garentee they will appear, but after three solid rounds of Genesis characters, I like to think that we've come to a point where we can observe patterns and make some confident predictions.