HDRs in Iray vs Octane, color differences

Hi people, I've got a bit of a techy issue here, and I'm not sure what I'm dealing with so I thought I'd ask around here and see if anyone else has experienced this...

So I downloaded these free HDR from TRRazor @ devart (link: https://trrazor.deviantart.com/art/Redspec-TGX-Official-HDR-Pack-01-453173341 ) and while he uses Octane, the files are just .hdr and should work in any renderer that can use .HDR... such as Iray =)

I spent the morning creating some presets for DAZ to load the HDR into the Iray engine, but I noticed the lights are not as saturated/vibrant. There's too much 'white light' being emitted from the HDR... It's as if there is no 'dynamic range' actually being applied. The best/most obvious example is the "02.hdr" map from TRRazor's pack.

I downloaded the octane demo just to see if it was Iray or what... Octane's demo render looked as expected ( similar to the preview on the devart image ).

I fiddled with the tone mapping settings, and exposure, and environment settings, gamma, and I'm not finding the so-called 'switch' that will have Iray produce closer lighting output to that of the Octane image.

Is this something that can be remedied ?

Comments

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

Under Environment \ Environment Map value must be 1. Also adjust Dome rotation to suit you needs.

Must people forget to change the default Ruins HDRI value of 2.

HTH