The Dress for Stephanie 3 help needed

So I bought this outfit: https://www.daz3d.com/the-dress-for-stephanie-3-0-petite And then Stephanie here: https://www.daz3d.com/stephanie-3-0-petite-base I must do the "fit to" the character and it does snap to the character. The dress looks great on but when I render, patches of her skin shows thru. I have tried more light, less light, changing body part scale, turning to different angles but always the same - different little patches of skin show thru the dress. Any ideas?

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited November 2017

So it looks ok in the prewiev but pokes through when rendered? Check the displacement settings for the dress in the surface pane. If the dress uses displacement try setting the displacement min to 0 or even a positive value. Or use some of the dress morphs? Don't know that dress but the procuct page lists a lot of morphs so you should be able to find one that fixes your problem. Or select the dress in the scene tab, then apply a push modifier with a positive offset value of about 0.1 to expand the mesh of the dress.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575
    edited December 2017

The Dress was made for Poser. Poser displacement is different than DS, because Black is considered zero displacement and displacement is only positive. DS uses a shade of grey (I think this is adjustable) as zero and allows negative and positive displacement.

ADDED

I'm not saying this is a displacement issue, just offering some info in case it is.

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • To make black neutral in DS set the minimu displacement value to 0

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

DS doesn't read displacement settings from Poser MATs, so unless you set displacement manually yourself it wouldn't be the problem anyway.

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471
    Leana said:

DS doesn't read displacement settings from Poser MATs, so unless you set displacement manually yourself it wouldn't be the problem anyway.

Lol thank you. I was afraid there for a while. I don't even own poser and have no idea what they are talking about! So if this was made for poser and does not work right in daz, I wonder why they do not advertise it as a poser only product?
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393
    edited December 2017

It definitely works in DS, I've used it there long ago (I purchased it in 2007). It doesn't include DS materials though. It was released in 2004, even before DS 1.0...

Post edited by Leana on
  • ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471
    Leana said:

It definitely works in DS, I've used it there long ago (I purchased it in 2007). It doesn't include DS materials though. It was released in 2004, even before DS 1.0...

Well... So... you are telling me that it definitely works in DS, but in 2007? I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean it used to work but does not now, or you just tested it out and what I am getting is different from your recent render?