An odd NVDIA Iray rendering issue

I'm having an issue with Iray rendering.

I have the image ready to render & I can see this image in the 'Texture Shaded' mode in the 'Viewport' window but when I change that to 'NVDIA Iray', I just get a blank screen. This happens for any & every 'View', 'Camera' or 'Spotlight'.

If I try a render, the rendering process stalls & I have to force the program to close to stop the rendering process. I am not aware of changing any of the settings from my usual settings.

I have tried turning off individual components within the project to see if one of them is causing the issue but without any luck.

I have since opened up other recent made files & they work just fine!

I have observed this before when opening up & trying to render a DAZ file made several years ago in an earlier version of the software.

I have attached a copy of the DAZ file with this issue...no, the file isn't uploading!...okay, I have that file available but not sure how to get it to you.

Any suggestions?

DAZ 3D Studio Version: 4.10.0.107 Pro (64-bit)

Comments

• You can upload the file if you zip it.

• MGMOZMGMOZ Posts: 97

Ah! Right, thanks.

...this time I have attach a copy of the zipped DAZ .duf file....no, this upload has failed. It slowly went through the percentages all the way to 100% but still says 'No file chosen' & 'Uploading...'. I give up!

There is one thing that I have observed since sending that first message.

I totally recreated the whole scene in a new file & kept checking the results as I added each element and it was when I added a Genesis 2 character I've called "Matthew Gareth Brewer" into this new version that the issue happened again. This character would have almost certainly been made in an earlier software version!

• I remember something similar happend to me some time ago. In my case the reason was an 'exploded' loincloth from G2 what i used on my G3 figure.

The cloth 'exploded' and covered my camera view also the perspective view. It worked like a lens cap.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311

You don't have to change the viewport to NVIDIA Iray to render..... maybe that helps.... just let it at texture shaded and start the render from the render-tab/pane (or with CTRL+R on a windows PC)

I remember something similar happend to me some time ago. In my case the reason was an 'exploded' loincloth from G2 what i used on my G3 figure.

The cloth 'exploded' and covered my camera view also the perspective view. It worked like a lens cap.

Thanks, I'll give that a go. Cheers.

glaseye said:

You don't have to change the viewport to NVIDIA Iray to render..... maybe that helps.... just let it at texture shaded and start the render from the render-tab/pane (or with CTRL+R on a windows PC)

Thanks, I did try that but the program froze. That may be a different issue but other renders before and after this one worked fine.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited December 2017

Oh nevermind.

Post edited by TheKD on