Clicky Presets

I love working on character creation and painstakingly decorating sets to reflect whatever I have in mind, but even getting the morphs just how I want them for a single character can take hours, not to mention the time spent using tools like skin builder. But sometimes I just want something quick and not so dirty, which is when I bust out the presets. I think sometimes presets can get a bad rap, or maybe that's just my guilt at how easy it is. But these can be SO beautiful! So I wanted to start a thread where other people can share their own preset heavy renders. This one had minimal changes to it, mostly just pose tweaks and a single shader change. I also did a tiny bit of postwork on it.
Day Dreamer.png
1946 x 960 - 3M

Comments

• One more. Also, I'm definitely not trying to say that either method is better than the other!
    Angel fin.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

I am right now working on a preset heavy project as soon as it is done I will post it here.

BTW I love your second quicky preset render.

• Awesome! Looking forward to it. And thanks. :)
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,148

I like both renders, but particularly the the second one.  It's lovely.

I wonder if posters might include info regarding what presets they used in their pics.  That could prove useful.

• StarrynightStarrynight Posts: 37
    edited November 2017

I like both renders, but particularly the the second one.  It's lovely.

I wonder if posters might include info regarding what presets they used in their pics.  That could prove useful.

Thank you! Here is a list of products used in each. Please forgive my lack of proper links- I'm still very much a forum newbie.

First render: The private garden by Stonemason.

Men's Shirt for Genesis 3 Female(s) by IH Kang and Daz originals.

Topmodel Updo Hair and OOT Hairblending 2.0 for Genesis 3 Female(s) by OOT

Brianna HD for Genesis 3 Female by Fred Winkler Art & Daz Originals

Daybed Romance by Pandygirl and Daz Originals

Daybed Lounging Poses by Feralfey and Daz Originals

Hi-Drama Iray Lights by vyktohria

Render #2

Victoria 7 by Daz Originals

Morning Star Wings for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s) Daz Originals Anna Benjamin Mada

iRadiance - HDR Mesh Lights for Iray by Dimension Theory

Iray SkyDome Super PAK by Magix 101

Eternal Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s) by Daz Originals, Nikisatez and Sarsa

Super Sleeky Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s) and Genesis 3 Male(s) and OOT Hairblending 2.0 by OOT

Capsces Fun and Flirty Victoria 7 by Daz Original and Capsces Digital

Archaic Ruins by Merlin studios

*Note: I used some morphs on Victoria in the second render to make her waist smaller and her boobs bigger.

Post edited by Starrynight on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,148

Ooh, I didn't mean to make you list everything you used.  I thought you meant presets - like certain lights and such - i.e., one click solutions.  Sorry about that!

• It's fine. The stonemason garden had a camera preset that turned out to be very useful. The hi drama lights by vyktohria have turned out to be incredibly useful to highlight eyes. Overall, I think I'm often surprised by what presets I use the most. The artists definitely deserve some props for their work. I don't mind listing them. Though, perhaps in the future (on this thread), things like pose and lights should take center stage.
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited November 2017

I actually like the first one better than the second, it makes me want to go relax and snooze. VERY nicely done! And welcome to the Art Studio.

To do a link, simply highlight the words with your mouse, then go up to the link icon above your textbox and click it. Enter the URL for Link Info. Then for Target select New Window_ Blank so it opens in another window. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Novica said:

I actually like the first one better than the second, it makes me want to go relax and snooze. VERY nicely done! And welcome to the Art Studio.

To do a link, simply highlight the words with your mouse, then go up to the link icon above your textbox and click it. Enter the URL for Link Info. Then for Target select New Window_ Blank so it opens in another window. 

Thank you! I appreciate the tip.

Where are my manners? Welcome to the Art Studio Fuzzynoir!!!

• :D Thank you!

My render is half way donefrown 

Sometimes it is so hard to wait I tell ya!!

Your very welcome Fuzzynoir!

• The first piece I posted kept quitting before it even reached 1%! Was beyond annoying! I understand. :[

Oh I have been there got that T-Shirt I tell ya with renders quitting before even reaching 1%!!

Heck I have even had a couple reach 49% and up and quit on me, talk about the air being blue green and assorted colors lol.

• Then you yell at the 'puter "but I put your limits so high! Wtf?!"
    edited November 2017

Here finally is my supposed to be quicky presets render.

Titled: An Alcove Fantasy Tour

An Alcove Fantasy Tour.png
    2000 x 1600 - 4M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • Thank you, Saphirewild. Very nice!