DAZ, I get confused by your sales

Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,763
edited December 2017 in The Commons

DAZ, you are so generous with your numerous sales, freebies, etc. But I am old, and get easily confused. I haven't been doing much art for a few months, and thought I'd dip my feet into it by getting some new stuff. Of course, I shouldn't be spending any money for awhile...

I hadn't gotten much of the Genesis 8 stuff yet, so the PC Club seemed like a good place to start. But then I saw mention of a $6 credit, a credit for spending over $13, etc. Then there are the limitations, some of which I understand. We get the discounts on DAZ originals, etc. In many ways, the PC Club seems best for people just getting started. Awhile ago I had the PC club for a few months. I could never find anything that I could apply the $6 credit to, because of the various limitations. The PC Club used to give us the PC Club items for $1.99. Now there is a whole new class of prices, etc. I'm sure there is a good reason, but I get so confused.

I saw the sale on Darius 8. He's a fine looking man. Then I saw mention of getting earlier versions for free, if you put them in the cart all at once....I kept scrolling my screen up to see more details, and just got tired. I gave up. In a case like this, it would be nice if DAZ could give us one button to click on that would allow us to take advantage of that particular offer. One click would add all that stuff to our cart, and ring up the proper price.

I never bother with Fast Grabs and sales every 4 hours. I just want to go in, see what is on sale, and maybe buy something. I prefer one click. Maybe I'm picky because I'm old. Maybe I'm in the minority. But, again, thank you DAZ, for your generosity and support.

Post edited by Ron Knights on

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

you are not alone. This has been mentioned before, and today I feel confused myself with the current promotion. It has like 8 different set of requirements and discounts.

I'm simple too, just want to add to cart and go. But that is not the way around here. It does require some energy and thought to get the best deals here. One reason I tend to take long breaks from the store to stay away from the tempation that leads to me spending hours simply mathing out results devil

• RSand55RSand55 Posts: 158

Me too.

Got an "Extra 25% Off" notice but it is not calculating correctly.

I assumed 60% + 25% but nope.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    RSand55 said:

Me too.

Yeah I ran into that too..  I though 2 + 2 = 4  But in daz world, finding the discounts is like some weird binary math problem that is got to be solved first to find the right discount price. ..lol

• Discounts don't add, they multiply, ie if you have a 50% discount and a 25% discount it comes to a 62.5% discount not a 75% one

For a $100 item that would run $100 50% off = $50, then 25% off of that = $37.50

• digitelldigitell Posts: 577

No one said anything about math being required!!! Grrrrrr!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Ivy said:
    RSand55 said:

Me too.

Yeah I ran into that too..  I though 2 + 2 = 4  But in daz world, finding the discounts is like some weird binary math problem that is got to be solved first to find the right discount price. ..lol

Not just at Daz.   I recently bought some real life itemss from a site I use  and the "30% off everything" Balck Friday discount was taken against the normal sale price, exactly as Daz does it.

• Chohole said:
    Ivy said:
    RSand55 said:

Me too.

Not just at Daz.   I recently bought some real life itemss from a site I use  and the "30% off everything" Balck Friday discount was taken against the normal sale price, exactly as Daz does it.

That's how everyone does it. If you get a 50% coupon and apply it to a sale item that's 50% off, I'd like to think it's pretty obvious you don't get to take every copy of that item for free.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

A great way to be lazy is to click on the heart to put something on your wishlist and come back to see if anything is on sale later. Otherwise you spend a lot of time shopping and adding stuff you may not need, which is exactly the point of the most complex sales.

yes this 100%, but even then you need to read a lot to see if you are missing a way for it to be even cheaper!

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,763

Some things may appear obvious to some people, but are totally confusing to others. It's always nice to understand someone else's perception.

Chohole said:
    Ivy said:
    RSand55 said:

Me too.

I know what you mean I was in Verizon on cybre monday and they had 20% off on google pixel tables I was gonna get one for my grandson., Then I thought you were suppose to get another 10% off if you pre order it online. which I did  so when i went to picked it up it I only got the 20% off instead of the 20% +10% = 30%  n I was told I only got the discount that was greatest amount, not combined discounts unless it was a manager coupon.   well that is not how I understood it when i read the ad.  they should clearfiy stuff like that with a disclaimer in small print on the bottom of the ad.    Live and learn

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Ivy said:
    Chohole said:
    Ivy said:
    RSand55 said:

Me too.

I know what you mean I was in Verizon on cybre monday and they had 20% off on google pixel tables I was gonna get one for my grandson., Then I thought you were suppose to get another 10% off if you pre order it online. which I did  so when i went to picked it up it I only got the 20% off instead of the 20% +10% = 30%  n I was told I only got the discount that was greatest amount, not combined discounts unless it was a manager coupon.   well that is not how I understood it when i read the ad.  they should clearfiy stuff like that with a disclaimer in small print on the bottom of the ad.    Live and learn

No  mine was a simple "Get 30% off everything"  offer,  so something that already had 25% off now received an extra 30% off.  Not an either or situation,  rather one exactly like what people will insist on caliing the Daz system.  So a £20 item was already reduced to £15  and 30% off £15 meant I got it for £10.50.

Chohole said:
    Ivy said:
    Chohole said:
    Ivy said:
    RSand55 said:

Me too.

No  mine was a simple "Get 30% off everything"  offer,  so something that already had 25% off now received an extra 30% off.  Not an either or situation,  rather one exactly like what people will insist on caliing the Daz system.  So a £20 item was already reduced to £15  and 30% off £15 meant I got it for £10.50.

that is why I foun when shopping at daz its just easier to put the items in the cart to see how the ring up at check out that way I knw what the discount is .. though i have had issues in the past that the price will change on check out , and CS was really good about fixing

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,794

Discounts don't add, they multiply, ie if you have a 50% discount and a 25% discount it comes to a 62.5% discount not a 75% one

For a $100 item that would run $100 50% off = $50, then 25% off of that = $37.50

so right now with the loyalty sale ... there is an item I want that is listed as 66% off... it is in the 85% off category if you own G8 items .... plus I get 30% off loyalty discount .. and $6 off PC+ discount ..so DAZ owes me $1000 ???  or what?   I'm being funny or something ..but its the M7 Pro Bundle ..Regualr price $134 ... 66% off $47 .... its listed as 47 ... so now..its in the 85% off category ... so is it 85% off the origianl price or the sales price? 

So ... 134@66% off is 45.56 ... then 85% off that 6.84 then 30% off that $4.78 or how does that work?  I will say its in my cart right now for $7.15 ..but  I've not a clue if that is correct or not. it states 95% off under the cost, but if you take 95% of $134, that comes to $6.70  

• Usually if they stick it in a catagory like that the markdown is taken of the original price.  So it would be 85% off the regualer price.  You would as I understand it get your loyalty discount off of that.  And of course the coupon would work, but it never gets past $0.

So in the 85% case, rounding retail to $100 just to keep the math easy, 85% off would be $15, 30% off of that would be another $4.50 off or $10.50, and six dollars off of that would leave you at $4.50.  Since the retail is more than $100 you would have to do the caluclation off of the real price.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,868

I go through the new items and put everything I really need or want in the cart. Then I go to my wishlist and change the Sort By parameter to "% off" (this might come from Ati's Daz Deals thingy). Then I put the items that are cheapest/most-enticing in the cart. Next, I go back to the sales page and rummage through each of the featured artists' stores (filtering by "wishlist only" for stores with hundreds of items). Finally I go to my cart and start carefully removing items by lowest priority, making sure that the prices on other items don't change with the removal of others. This way, I'm not buying things I don't want, and I get all sorts of deals that I might have otherwise missed. I have found that it's always good to just add stuff to your cart and sort it out later, because often you can get marginal items that you kinda wanted for $2 or even free (sometimes, adding one item can make the total cheaper than before). I have carefully cultivated and highly honed my stupidity into something that works quite well for me.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,294

Discounts don't add, they multiply, ie if you have a 50% discount and a 25% discount it comes to a 62.5% discount not a 75% one

Biggest thing to remember is this.  Discounts multiply.  I like Overdrawn's Daz Deals Chrome plugin.  It shows the final % off in the cart.  Easy peasy.  smiley

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

The requirements are listed for each, just have to read them carefully.  Daz coupon is less restrictive, can go towards new items.  The monthly PA is more restrictive, no new items plus minimun $18 purchase.  For me, the monthly PA coupon usually goes towards something that's been in my wishlist that I'm buying with something new to boost the percent discount.  Or it could be a PA flash sale, sale that hits multiple things on the wishlist... or you just can't wait.  wink

• mmkdazmmkdaz Posts: 335

Well..last night, I logged in and M6 was $2.50 in my check out box. This morning, he was $3.50. I still bought the model, but man these sales seem really confusing.

• Like everyone, I shop when there's discounts and my wishlist is filled with stuff waiting for a sale. However, during promotionals or sales, you have to watch the shopping cart because sometimes it really screws up final totals (like telling me I have $888 to pay for 20 discounted items). Sometimes the discounts fail to apply or just seem to drop from the final bill especially if there are multiple discounts offered all at once. Yesterday I took advance of all those promotional discounts (3 including the Holiday Loyalty discount) being offered and went through PayPal to finalize my transaction. The shopping cart showed a great quoted low discount total price but when I got through PayPal, I discovered I was actually charged for way more than what initially showed in the shopping cart or prior to continuing through PayPal. I was also charged full item price on items that were supposed to be discounted and some of the discounts had mysteriously vanished so I ended up paying way more than what I wanted.  

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,763

My wishlist has grown over the years. Yesterday I looked at the list in depth, and deleted over 450 items. I've decided to concentrate any future purchases on Genesis 8 products. But I might not buy any DAZ items till March or April of 2018. I'm trying to be financially responsible, again!

• Hi again, well, tried another transaction, this time the amount was close to correct but I did see an increase in price between the cart and checkout page. Only a few cents this time but folks watch what's being charged at checkout.

Current 12-3-2017 shopping cart amount.png
    1412 x 1072 - 240K
    Checkout amount.png
    440 x 737 - 37K
  • This is how I shop. I put what I want in the cart, if I can afford I get if I can't I wishlist it. Period