One Scene - Several Cameras.

Hello everyone,

I have a scene with several cameras and want to render them overnight automatically one after another.

Searched the forum and found https://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/34137/ . The script mentioned there is cool but it has the downside that by letting the time frame running it cancels the autosmoothing, creating some ugly poke throughs and distortions in the figure.

Is there a newer script or solution which can do the multi-camera-renders?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870

There is a product called Batch Render that I do not own but have heard still works with at least Daz 4.9. It should be going on sale when the whole store is discounted. If you can't wait, it's probably worth the money to you. You may have to save your different cameras as different scene files, though. Of course, you can return it if it doesn't do what you need. Bon chance!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870

Oh yeah, from what I've read, Batch Render works with Iray too, although the page has not been updated to show this (the vendor has left this visible plane of existence, bless her soul).

• Thanks xyer0, i'll give it a try.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,294

I have that batch render script that xyer mentions and it works well with Iray.  It will use whatever camera is active the scene is saved with, so be sure you save the scene with the correct camera.  Then you can name them by camera (i.e. Scene 01 Cam 1.duf, Scene 01 Cam 2.duf, etc.)

Pro tip: Eyes set to look at camera will not be pointed at camera until you move the camera, which won't happen in the script.  Point the eyes manually (either fully manual, or point at camera then copy & paste values).

• OZ-84OZ-84 Posts: 128

Thanks xyer0, i'll give it a try.

Works like a charm. You choose the cam in your main view, save the scene, choose next cam, make a new save .... and so on. 

After you have finished all your saves you throw this into the batchrenderer and clock on start. It loads the scene like you would by opnening it and starts the render. After it finished it it saves it into the folder the scene file is located, opens next and so on ... 

Absolutely no problem :-)

• Thanks a lot all. Definitely will buy it :)