Looking for a freebie tableware dome

taiuritaiuri Posts: 556
edited December 2017 in The Commons

Hi! I need a dome (the ones are above the plates) for Poser, like this one:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/everyday-items-tableware/108432/

I've looked for a Poser Freebie of a dome, but I didn't get to find one. Could you help telling me where can I get one? I need the dome only.

I hope you can help me guys, Thanks!

Post edited by taiuri on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Might want to change the title of the thread since you only want a free one. The one you linked to should work fine in poser.

• taiuritaiuri Posts: 556

You're right. I need the dome only, that's why I'm looking for a freebie

It's very hard to find one. I've only found plates, but any dome. I hope you know where can I find one guys.

Just made this. It is in .OBJ format and has a basic UV map. Unzip it and then import the OBJ into whatever program you are using. it is in DS scale.

rar
    rar
    MCDplatedomefinal.rar
    platedome.jpg
    1073 x 850 - 931K

Just made this. It is in .OBJ format and has a basic UV map. Unzip it and then import the OBJ into whatever program you are using. it is in DS scale.

Oh! It's so awesome!! Thank you so much!! You helped me so much with this!! Thank you! :D

NP, post an image of your project, would love to see the final render if you can.

Sure! I'll be working on it! Thank you so much! ;D

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,881

And it even has a door, a closet and a ventilator!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

Ohhh Looks great! Thank you for sharing it with us! :D I bet if I reshaded it with a glass iray shader it would make a great cake dome as well. :)

Ohhh Looks great! Thank you for sharing it with us! :D I bet if I reshaded it with a glass iray shader it would make a great cake dome as well. :)

I hadn't thought of that, but did a quick test and while it does ok in a pinch, I didn't make the mesh walls thick enough for best results. I guess it also depends on your glass shader. I tried a fluted one that looked lots better, but you couldn't see the cookies all that well, LOL

Funny you bring this up, I actually broke my glass cake dome last week going for the last peice of choc cake. Too bad I can't just model a new one, LOL.

cookiesglass.jpg
    1529 x 870 - 2M
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited December 2017

I didn't know we could attach files other than image formats.

I guess I never really thought of it or saw it being done... Can one attach a zip or obj?

What is the (preferred) size limit?

Post edited by McGyver on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,421
    edited December 2017

https://www.daz3d.com/grandeur-dinner-service

has a wonderful dome, and with $1.99 for PC+ members, it's almost a freebie...!

FSMC Designs, your .obj looks beautiful, too; thank you! smiley

Post edited by caravelle on