Measure Metrics Script? (Solved)

evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464
edited December 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

Did a major reinstall lately, and somehow seem to have lost the Measure Metrics scripts.  I've installed the plugin and the content... poses and wearables but no scripts.

Wondering, also, if this is going to be updated for Genesis 8.

Post edited by evilded777 on

Comments

• If I remember correctly, the scripts are under Utilities in the Content Library. And they have been updated to support Genesis 8.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

They are updated for Genesis 8 as I have them & have used them on Genesis 8. I have DAZ Studio Public Beta 4.10.0.121 (64 bit). They are difficult to read which of the icons to click in 'Utilities' under smart content for  MM/FM script for Genesis 8 though. They are in Content Library too.

• The scripts are Figure Metrics, a PA set included with the plug-in.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464

The scripts are Figure Metrics, a PA set included with the plug-in.

Does that mean I don't get them as I am not a PA?

• The scripts are Figure Metrics, a PA set included with the plug-in.

No, it simply means that the scripts were created by a PA, and DAZ chose to include them in the plugin package because they improved the usefulness of the plugin.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

The scripts are Figure Metrics, a PA set included with the plug-in.

No, you will have them and all owners of the Measure Metrics product will have them. Figure Metrics come with the Measure Metrics product.

1st you apply the Measure Metrics preset  & then you click the Figure Metrics preset, make your adjustmeents, save a MM/FM config file if you like, then apply a preset to remove all the MM sizing aid models from the model you are adjusted the measurements on.

edited December 2017

Well, I don't have them.

measure.JPG
    387 x 599 - 59K
    Post edited by evilded777 on

No script for Figure Metrics, no cleaup script...

measure2.JPG
    538 x 686 - 71K

Bugger. I found it. Figure Metrics is it's own install, does not appear to be Connect enabled.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

There is a portion of Figure Metrics that cannot be installed through Daz Studio/Connect directly; plugin (or more accurately, packages that install like plugins or like software) installation must be performed by external means - i.e., Install Manager or BitRock installer. If you type "Figure Metrics" into the Filter Field within Install Manager, you will see that there are two packages with "Figure Metrics" in the name; "Figure Metrics for DAZ Studio 4.6+" and "Figure Metrics for DAZ Studio 4.6+ Content." Installing via Daz Studio/Connect only installs the latter portion.

• Bugger. I found it. Figure Metrics is it's own install, does not appear to be Connect enabled.

Although Figure Metrics isn't an actual plug-in it needs to be installed like one - I think part or all of the script goes in the application folder - which requires DIM running with elevated privileges ("Do you want to allow DIMHelper.exe to Make changes?") and can't be installed with Connect.

• evilded777 said:

Bugger. I found it. Figure Metrics is it's own install, does not appear to be Connect enabled.

Where did you find it? Can you please help me?