Michael 8 Pro Bundle - Where are his Anatomical Elements?

tristanthorne1997tristanthorne1997 Posts: 241
edited December 2017 in New Users

Just bought the bundle with a nice Platinum Club discount. The only thing listed under Anatomy is Eyelashes. Where are his Anatomical Elements and how are they applied?

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

Silly question, but have you downloaded and installed the G8M Anatomical Elements?  You shoudl find them under Anatomy, External under Smart Content.

• tristanthorne1997tristanthorne1997 Posts: 241
    edited December 2017

It appears that I do have it installed. I just noticed that Victoria 8 is missing her Elements as well. I bought the Pro Bundle. It says it is installed, but again, the only thing in the content library that I can see are the eyelashes.

I restarted and still can't see the Elements of either M8 or V8 :(

1.JPG
    521 x 675 - 43K
    Post edited by tristanthorne1997 on
    edited December 2017

How did you install those products, with DIM, manually or with Connect?  It may be that the place they installed to is not currently in your DAZ content library list.

Post edited by SimonJM on
  • I think a combination of both. Is there a way to see where it is vs. where Daz thinks it should be?

With DIM, yes - with Connect I have no idea, I refuse to use that, and for manually, that'd be down to your memory!  DIM will downlaod to one location, then wil install to where you tell it at the time (vastly simplifying here!).  If it was vi aDIM start up DIM and select to work offline, then once it had started up, type 'anatomical' in the top right text box for filtering, then click on the Installed tab.  Hopefully you'll see the product.  If not, it will have come in via Connect.  If you see the prdouct you can get DIM to tell you where it installed it to; just hover the mouse over the product name and a pop up info dialof will show, with the bottom item being the install location.

If, back in DS, you tehn pull up teh Prefernces dialof (F2, or Edit> Preferences) and go to teh Content tab, click on the 'Content Directory Manger' button (the bottom one) you'll see a tree view of the various content locations.  The topone will be where DS will look for Connect installed products, the next one down will be DAZ Studio formats, and it shoudl be under there where your DIM sinalled directory shoudl be shown.

• I had no idea that the default install locations of Connect and DIm were in different directories, but now it makes total sense. I was wondering why some items landed in one tree branch (Connect) vs. My Daz Library. But I get it now, thanks!

You were right, Anatomical Elements for M and F were both in Connect. Thank you!

Can you please remind me how to get the skin of the genitals to match the character instead of being marble white? I figured it out on the male, but the female is still white.

Let's say I wanted to load a G8F character from scratch. Then I add the F8 genitalia. What are the steps to get the skin to match?

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

It appears that I do have it installed. I just noticed that Victoria 8 is missing her Elements as well. I bought the Pro Bundle. It says it is installed, but again, the only thing in the content library that I can see are the eyelashes.

I restarted and still can't see the Elements of either M8 or V8 :(

You're looking at the Products view, double click on "Genesis 8 Male Anatomical Elements" to see the files within that product.  See pic attached.

Sales History 12-03-17 at 01.52 PM.JPG
    676 x 653 - 127K
  • I had no idea that the default install locations of Connect and DIm were in different directories, but now it makes total sense. I was wondering why some items landed in one tree branch (Connect) vs. My Daz Library. But I get it now, thanks!

You were right, Anatomical Elements for M and F were both in Connect. Thank you!

Can you please remind me how to get the skin of the genitals to match the character instead of being marble white? I figured it out on the male, but the female is still white.

Let's say I wanted to load a G8F character from scratch. Then I add the F8 genitalia. What are the steps to get the skin to match?

After you load the genitals, load a character preset again. G8 characters tend to have hierarchical presets instead of separate genital ones.

• Sorry, still having no luck. Here's exactly what I am doing:

1. Load G8F

2. Load G8F genitals

3. Apply any actor preset (i.e. Josie 8)

Still white genitals

1. Load G8F

2. Apply any actor preset (i.e. Josie 8)

3. Load G8F genitals

4. Re-apply same actor preset (tried to add it to the actor and then also to the genitals. Then tried same order using Josie All Mats on both the whole body and then the genitals)

What am I doing wrong?

• Josie 8 is a teen, she doesn't have genital presets.

• I thought that might be the case. For the record, Josie in my scene is 19.

Anyway, I loaded another character and it worked.....thanks to all of you for helping me!yes