New Install - Help with Gen 4 & Genesis Please?

JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,902
edited December 2017 in The Commons

Hi! 

I'm back from a long hiatus and need a little help. I am doing a completely new install. So, I need help remembering just what I need to have installed. I have the original Genesis figure installed and the V4 Shape for Genesis installed.

Okay...

So, what exactly do I have to have installed to be able to use V4's morphs (Like the Girl4 and Aiko4, etc) on the Genesis V4 Shapes figure?

Also: What do I need to use V4 clothing on Genesis 1?

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

You will need the G4/A4 shapes for Genesis found in the store, I don't know if you can transfer V4 morphs easely to the Genesis figure? V4 and M4 clothing can be fitted directly to G1 right out of the box using autofit. Same goes for M4/V4 skins as Genesis can use the said characters uv maps along with V5/M5.

• You would need to covnert the morphs, there isn't a tool that will load them as-is. GenX if you have it, though it can be done through the Transfer Utility.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 2017

Clothes are easy, just load them, click on "Fit to" and when the dialogue comes up, select Victoria 4 as the figure it was originally designed for and the type of clothing it is. (Disclaimer: skirts only sort of work, although I think we're going to find DForce helpful for fixing some of those problem, shoes work very poorly, and armor doesn't work at all.

There's several options on the morph thing, which other people could probably describe better than me. This is the paid option: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2

Because the maker of GenX2 has passed away, there's been a proliferation of DIY morph transfer threads, but computer's running slow because of something I have it doing, and searching is not very doable right now.

Post edited by Odaa on
  • OK.. 

I do have the Generation X thing in my Product Library, but I couldn't find it when I installed it. Where are the plugins? I checked the "about plugins" tab, but it wasn't there.

• Okay, also...

Once I figure out how to transfer the morphs to Genesis, will I be able to uninstall V4 and her morphs and still have them available for Genesis? I'm trying to remember how this worked. Sorry.

• Hello? Anyone? I'm really stuck. I can't even figure out how to get Morphs ++ installed and working. Power Loader doesn't show up either? Do I need it? How do I do this now?

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 2017

Morphs++ still needs to be initialized, I think. There would be a link to that on your desktop if I remember right. I hated messing with power loader so much that I just saved out scenes of M4 and V4 with basic clothes for modesty so I wouldn't have to do the power loader thing again, and haven't touched it in years. :/

Make sure that everything is installing to the same place, especially if you are using DIM. If DIM seems to be the problem, try manual installation.

Post edited by Odaa on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    edited December 2017

First, are you using Daz or Poser? I think they both might be slightly different when it comes to loading the older figures. 

Second, you'll need Victoria 4.2 to be able to transfer her morphs to Genesis (if that's what you want to do). And you'll need them all (Victoria 4.2, Genesis, Victoria's morphs) installed to the same place as GenX2 if you're working with Daz (I honestly don't know what you'd need if you're working with Poser as I don't have the program). 

Here's a video tutorial:

And there should be other tutorials and threads on the subject here. Just google "Transfer morphs from V4 to Genesis Daz forum" and you should get a lot of options with threads covering the topic. :) If you still have any questions, feel free to ask.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Thank you Diva Make up. I am using the newest version of Daz Studio. I am trying to do a fresh install. I have managed to get V4 and her morphs to work, but now I am having trouble with Gen X. I think I have an outdated version in my product library, but I'm not sure if that is the problem. How do I get in touch with admins?