Morphs++ for V4

Hello? I tried to keep my questions all in one place, but I guess I don't know how anything works anymore... LOL

Anyway... How do I install Morphs ++ for V4? Letting the DIM "install" them doesn't work and the power loader doesn't show up anywhere either. I'm so confused. Please? Can anyone spare a few minutes to help me figure this out?

Comments

• If everything is installed in the same location, the PowerLoader should be popping up when you load the figure.

• I'm doing everything brand new. So... it should be putting everything in automatically, right? I can't figure out why I can't get it to work

• V4 installs... but not her morphs and I can't find the powerloader

• OK... NM. I uninstalled everything... Then just did V4 and her PowerLoader and then I installed Morphs ++ and it worked. Thanks for stopping in and answering me Agent. 

• Np problem. Glad she works now. :)

• One more thing if you have a minute? I also am having a hard time installing and finding Generation X plugin. I install it, but can't find it. Documentation says I have to first register it by going into the about plugins tab, but it isn't listed. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong there?

• You might have installed it in the wrong place. Mine shows up in Help>About Installed Plugins as Genesis Generation X.

• Mine is not showing up there. I looked again and again. The DIM is installing it whereever it wants to. I have no idea why it isn't showing up, but I am wondering if its because the version I have has not been updated. I have Generation X, not Generation X2... Generation X is no longer in the store. But shouldn't I qualify for the update? Having already purchased?

I'm not even sure that is the problem. Is there a way to find out?

• In your DIM, check the Settings>Applications tab, and make sure your DS 4.5 path is pointing to your DAZStudio4 directory in your program files.

• You should be able to install it to DS 4.5+, it is updated to that version.

• Have you entered your serial number via Help>About Installed plug-ins, assuming that is how GenX works?

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,902
    edited December 2017

That is how the documentation says it should work, but when I look in Help>About Installed plug-ins, it is not listed.

I suspect that the version of Generation X I have in my product library has not been updated, since I have "Generation X", and the version in the store is Generation X2.

But, I'm thinking I need one of the Admins to put the lastest updated version in my product library.

If that is not the trouble, I don't know what it could be.

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • That is how the documentation says it should work, but when I look in Help>About Installed plug-ins, it is not listed.

I suspect that the version of Generation X I have in my product library has not been updated, since I have "Generation X", and the version in the store is Generation X2.

But, I'm thinking I need one of the Admins to put the lastest updated version in my product library.

If that is not the trouble, I don't know what it could be.

That's not the trouble. I still have Genesis Generation X in my library, and it still shows in my plugins.

• OK... So What could it be?

• It says it installed it here:

Application Data (C:/Users/Jasmine Skunk/AppData/Roaming) : 

/DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/about.gxd 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/backup.gxd 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/file.gxd 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/folder.gxd 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/gen4.gxm 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/gen4.gxp 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/gen4_2.gxp 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/K4Clone.gxf 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/K4Clone_2.gxf 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/M4_CTRL_JawFix.dsf 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/M4Clone.gxf 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/M4Clone_2.gxf 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/Michael4.gxf 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/Michael4_2.gxf 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/V4_CTRL_JawFix.dsf 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/V4Clone.gxf 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/V4Clone_2.gxf 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/Victoria4.gxf 
    /DAZ 3D/Studio4/GenX/Victoria4_2.gxf 

DAZ Studio 4.5 (64-bit) : 
    /docs/Plugins/Genesis Generation X/Genesis Generation X.dsx 
    /docs/Plugins/Genesis Generation X/GenX.pdf 
    /plugins/d3dGenX.dll 
    /plugins/initialize.dzime 

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 2017

Okay. So my DAZ Studio 4.5 is in a DAZStudio4 folder, not Studio4. Where is your DS folder?

Post edited by agent unawares on
  • I'm using the lastest version of Daz Studio 4.10 My DS folder is in C:/Program files/Daz3D/DazStudio4

• But it installed it in my User folder, not in the main Daz Studio folder.

Can you check in your DIM and see where Generation X is installed on your system?

• Look in your DIM Settings>Applications. Change your DAZ Studio 4.5 path to "C:/Program files/Daz3D/DazStudio4"

• It's okay that it put stuff in your users folder. It just sounds like the main plugin is going in the wrong spot. It should be "C:/Program files/Daz3D/DazStudio4/plugins/d3dGenX.dll"

• it's not installing the .dll on my computer

• Is DIM giving you an error? Does DIM say it's installed?

• The DIM says it's installed to (C:/Users/Jasmine Skunk/AppData/Roaming) but the file d3dGenX.dll is not anywhere on my computer

• OK... I uninstalled everything. Tried the manual instal instead of the DIM and it went in... Now to see if I can get it to work... Wish me luck!! Thank you so much Agent!! :)

• Good luck!

• Thank you! smiley