Substance Painter question

I know this is the wrong forum but there's a few users of SP here that are very good and I'm hoping someone can answer my question. 

Are regular materials not editable?  I can't find a height slider or any sliders for metal and such.

I'm using an orange and red material (not smart material) in a fill layer.  It's from the SP site and is called 'fabric_cloth'.

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

It  depends entirely on the material, and what parameters the author exposed. I don't have that particular material, but other fabrics expose height & normal parameters under the material's 'Technical Parameters' tab.

Similarly metals typically expose base colour, metallicity, roughness, specular sliders, & sometimes others such as brush rotation for (say) brushed aluminium.

Smart materials generally have extra features, such as calculated edge wear etc.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,070

Probably mostly user error but I swear I can't find any tweak sliders.  Must be this material.  Thanks Tango!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

I too have a Substance Painter question:

Can I have Substance Painter for Christmas? I promise to be good... next year! ;)

• I too have a Substance Painter question:

Can I have Substance Painter for Christmas? I promise to be good... next year! ;)

Put it on your list and we'll see what Santa says. wink

That's what my parents always told me when I was little. laugh

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Santa Rocks! Love that guy... and his whole team!