Can I Safely Delete ZIP Files in DAZ3D > Install Manager > Downloads ?

There are a ton of Zip Files in this directory taking up space on my relatively small 250GB SSD. Wouldn't these files already be extracted into my Library? Can I delete them or move them to another drive?

Files.JPG
889 x 893 - 190K

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,127

I think the zip files are okay but not the DSA files or Dim will not know you downloaded them.  Slight issue is that if downloaded but not installed yet, you would have to redownload the file.

• Thank you so much, Miss Bad Wolf.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

You can nuke the SA files too.  DIM keeps track of your downloads and installs in the manifest files.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    edited December 2017

Also if you never want to keep the zip files after installation you can tell DIM to delete them automatically after they are installed.

Or if you do want to keep them but on a different drive you can start up DIM in offline mode (check box on the login popup) and change the location for downloads to a folder on a different drive, move all your existing zip and dsx files to that location and restart DIM in online mode.

ETA: Note you cannot move the manifest files this way - they will be in the default location (probably your SSD) unless you edit an .ini file. There are details in another thread, but you may not need to do this - I have over 5,500 products installed and the Manifest files folder is only 185 MB.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Very helpful, thanks Jestmart and Melanie.