Jumping Sliders

Has anyone noticed jumping sliders? Everything that scales, or moves. Sometimes it will JUMP. Translate is the worst. Often I will transit an actor up a bit to get them on the floor, instead it will jump across the screen 200 points or more... My Camera's do it. My Veiwports do it. My Morphs do it. Everything that moves, theres like a 50% chance it will zoom off to a random number in the 100's...

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Yes, it is aggravating. I am thankful for undo. This is with all 4.10.x

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

I haven't experiencd this yet, now you got me worried.

• A lot of people have this with no reported fix. I don't and I'm really grateful.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Yes for me it was the windows 10 fall creators suite update recently released. Removing that fixed my issue

• Can you tell us how to find that?

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135

I have the problem, but it seems to primarily be only when I am dragging a body part into position for fine tuning.  If I use the dials in parameters or the rotators on the multipurpose tool thingy on the body part it does not do it.  It would explain a couple of odd camera issues I've had though.  It started with the new version of Studio, creator's update did not seem to affect it at all for me

• galattgalatt Posts: 223
    I'm still using 4.9 and I had the problem before I downloaded the update.
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    dragotx said:

I have the problem, but it seems to primarily be only when I am dragging a body part into position for fine tuning.  If I use the dials in parameters or the rotators on the multipurpose tool thingy on the body part it does not do it.  It would explain a couple of odd camera issues I've had though.  It started with the new version of Studio, creator's update did not seem to affect it at all for me

This makes me wonder though if it has something to do with how we use DS. I know in other threads it has come up that there are different ways to interact and pose the figures. I never use the loading/creating tab, only the posing/shaping tab. I also never use the little rotate icon in the top left of the viewport and always use the sliders in the parameters tab to pose any part of the figure. may have something to do with it, I dunno.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,870

I've seen this on OS X but it has usually to do, at least for me, with the fact that some clothes have interactive update checked, wich tries to run the smoothing during pose/move and not wait until the user stops fidlding. Check that, at least to rule it out.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135
    dragotx said:

This makes me wonder though if it has something to do with how we use DS. I know in other threads it has come up that there are different ways to interact and pose the figures. I never use the loading/creating tab, only the posing/shaping tab. I also never use the little rotate icon in the top left of the viewport and always use the sliders in the parameters tab to pose any part of the figure. may have something to do with it, I dunno.

For me, it's only on g8 that it happens, every other figure I use I can manually pose with no problems.  And G8 doesn't even always do it, not even the same character.  I'm starting to wonder if it's something to do with how oddly Studio handles memory, it seems to be more common when I've been working with the program for a while without restarting it.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Maybe it's the extra mesh geometry for the hair although I didn't have such problems with DS 4.9.x

• As I said in another thread, I've experienced some oddities off an on since 4.8, but nothing serious enough to warrant a bug report, since it doesn't happen consistently for me.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

I don't know if it's related to the same issue, but I noticed that lately when I go to move my camera just a TAD to the right or left it will sometimes go flying off WAY farther than the small nudge I gave it. It's taking much longer to set up scenes for rendering since getting the right framing with the camera can take ages - because nearly every time I try to move it only slightly it moves a crazy amount. I don't recall having this issue before, so it's definitely a new issue for me. 

• I don't know if it's related to the same issue, but I noticed that lately when I go to move my camera just a TAD to the right or left it will sometimes go flying off WAY farther than the small nudge I gave it. It's taking much longer to set up scenes for rendering since getting the right framing with the camera can take ages - because nearly every time I try to move it only slightly it moves a crazy amount. I don't recall having this issue before, so it's definitely a new issue for me. 

If you're rotating, this usually indicates that the camera isn't focused on the right object. If you're panning I'm so sorry that sounds terrible.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

I've got it, and I'm on a Mac. Sticky sliders. The won't move, and then they lurch. Way to far, and then won't adjust backwards, except with a full undo.

This has been a problem for some time, I definitely had it with 4.9. I think I had it to some degree with 4.8. Haven't used 4.10 enough to have run into it. It got exponentially worse with G3. Hardest figure to pose since gen4. Haven't actually attempted to pose G8 yet. My primary figure is still Genesis 1, and that isn't so much affected. I thought this might be something which came in with dual quaternion.

It's been with me through Yosemite, ElCapitan and Sierra. Haven't updated to High Sierra yet.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Can you tell us how to find that?

the fall creators update caused it for me but not other people but I’m always keenly aware of when issues start occurring so I can rollback driver updates. Many cause instability in certain software and could be aggravated by existing drivers some users have and others don’t 

here is the link

https://betanews.com/2017/10/20/how-to-rollback-and-uninstall-windows-10-fall-creators-update/

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

This has never happened to me. Using the lastest Daz version and Windows 8.1.1

Laurie

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

Just my two cents worth, but I suffer this as well, among other translate issues (resizing a window). I have been blaming the OS (Win 10 - latest creator's update) and my wireless mouse and keyboard. My suspicion is that when you hold a key, or mouse button down too long, the OS drops the signal.

• This problem is starting to snowball. Used to remember have smooth and stable things were. Just the basic Gen 8 character with no scenes, lights is giving me problems on multiple computers.