How to remove part of a garment from a DForce simulation?

Is there a simple way to do this? You add the dforce modifier to just the top level object - is there part by part control? And can you weight off the sim on just part of a mesh?

Thanks

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

dforce parameters are surface settings, so you could turn the dynamic strength to zero for a given material zone for example.

• but is it possible to weight this strength across a surface? - I don't see any way to use a map on the surface parameters

• You need a dForce Weight Access Node to get at the weight maps for dForce properties (see the Create menu).

• I do not see a Weight access node under the create menu. i see a dforce modifier weight node 

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,592
    bwise1701 said:

I do not see a Weight access node under the create menu. i see a dforce modifier weight node 

That's the one you want. From there, you'll need to create a map (sounds you'll want the Influence Weights map, but there are others, too) and paint using the Node Weight Brush Tool. Rob has taken the time to document it well in this thread (strongly suggest reading it all):

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203081

Look for "Can I have dynamic areas and non-dynamic areas within the same object?"

Hope this helps.

- Greg