Holiday Sale Add-On Items discounts not right

hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
edited December 2017 in The Commons

When adding an already discounted item in the Holiday Sale Add-On sale items the discount doesn't seem correct.  Non-discounted items in the group (when added to the cart) end up at 72% discount (60% add-on discount, 30% holiday loyalty for me) which is correct.  But adding an already discounted item ends up with a discount that is missing something.

DO item (list shows at 58% discount) ends in the cart at 75%.  If it's not getting the 60% group discount, it should be 71%.  If it's not getting the 30% loyalty, it should be (0.42 * 0.60) = 74.8% discount.  If the 60% discount replaces the listed discount it should be (0.4 * 0.7) = 72% discount.  DOs look like they aren't getting the loyalty discount?

PA items (list showing at 40% discount) ends in the cart at 65% off.  If it's not getting the 60% group discount, it should be 58% off.   If it's not getting the loyalty discount, it would be (0.60 * 0.40) = 76% discount.  if the 60% discount replaces the listed discount it should also be 72% off.

It isn't any of these.

Olympia 7 Expressive (DO) added to my cart shows 75% off.  Bubble Princess Poses for Victoria 7 (PA, starts at 40% off) added to my cart shows 71% off.  VYK_Tasmin for Victoria 7 (PA, starts at 40% off) added to my cart shows 65% off.

Yes, I have a new release in the cart as well.

DAZCartCapture.PNG
895 x 451 - 87K
Post edited by hphoenix on

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,937

Yep. There have been a number of complaints about this over in this thread  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/202491/not-to-worry-friend-there-s-always-another-sale/p94 ; since the weekend and DAZ is supposedly aware of it.  They still haven't fixed it though, so I've ended up dumping several carts worth of product without purchasing, since in many cases I'd actually be getting a BETTER discount if DAZ hadn't given me the "loyalty" reward.     .     

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471
    My cart does not display the red percentage numbers. Is that an option I am able to turn on?
  • pruggipruggi Posts: 151
    ItsCeo said:
    My cart does not display the red percentage numbers. Is that an option I am able to turn on?

That comes from the Daz Deals browser addon developed by Overdrawn, which can be found here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    ItsCeo said:

Those are from the Daz-Deals plugin, which you can find details on here.

It's a browser extension (for Chrome, Firefox, and a few others, I believe) that gives you a lot of extra info on the DAZ store pages.  Very nice, I highly recommend it!

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442
    edited December 2017

I mentioned in the "Not to Worry, Friend..." thread that it appears that any item in a Featured PA listing gets that discount (40%, or 50% with new item) and then the Loyalty Rewards, but not the 60% any which way. DO's showing 58% are those in the PA sales also (40% PA discount & 30% PC+ discount = (0.6*0.7) = 42% of the original), and they also don't appear to get the 60%.

The Featured PA discounts work fine, and assuming a Loyalty Reward of 30%:

Featured Regular PA Promo : Regular Price * (1 - 40%) * (1 - Loyalty Rewards %) = 42% of the original price (-58%)

Featured DO PA Promo : Regular Price * (1 - 30%) * (1 - 40%) * (1 - Loyalty Rewards %) = 29.4% of the original price (-70.6%, probably rounded to 71%) 

With a new item in the cart:

Featured PA Promo : Regular Price * (1 - 50%) * (1 - Loyalty Rewards %) = 35% of the original price (-65%)

Featured DO PA Promo : Regular Price * (1 - 30%) * (1 - 50%) * (1 - Loyalty Rewards %) = 24.5% of the original price (-75.5%, probably rounded to 75%) 

The Previous Generations 60% promo rules aren't clear with respect to the Featured PA groups, so there could be a conflict, and there certainly is. Going with the most conservative application, I would say the 60% would REPLACE the 40% (or 50%) from the PA promo, if there is one. That would make the prices look like this:

All listed items : Regular Price * (1 - 60%) * (1 - Loyalty Rewards %) = 28% of the original price (-72%)

All listed items : Regular Price * (1 - 30%) * (1 - 60%) * (1 - Loyalty Rewards %) = 19.6% of the original price (-80.4%, probably rounded to 80%) 

So, if the item you want is a featured PA, wait until they are cycled out of the list (3 days max), and then you should be able to get the 60% to start.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,937
    NorthOf45 said:

I mentioned in the "Not to Worry, Friend..." thread that it appears that any item in a Featured PA listing gets that discount (40%, or 50% with new item) and then the Loyalty Rewards, but not the 60% any which way. DO's showing 58% are those in the PA sales also (40% PA discount & 30% PC+ discount = (0.6*0.7) = 42% of the original), and they also don't appear to get the 60%.

Featured Regular PA Promo : Regular Price * (1 - 40%) * (1 - Loyalty Rewards %) = 42% of the original price (-58%)

Featured DO PA Promo : Regular Price * (1 - 30%) * (1 - 40%) * (1 - Loyalty Rewards %) = 29.4% of the original price (-70.6%, probably rounded to 71%) 

Featured PA Promo : Regular Price * (1 - 50%) * (1 - Loyalty Rewards %) = 35% of the original price (-65%)

Featured DO PA Promo : Regular Price * (1 - 30%) * (1 - 50%) * (1 - Loyalty Rewards %) = 24.5% of the original price (-75.5%, probably rounded to 75%) 

The Previous Generations 60% promo rules aren't clear with respect to the Featured PA groups, so there could be a conflict, and there certainly is. Going with the most conservative application, I would say the 60% would REPLACE the 40% (or 50%) from the PA promo, if there is one. That would make the prices look like this:

All listed items : Regular Price * (1 - 60%) * (1 - Loyalty Rewards %) = 28% of the original price (-72%)

All listed items : Regular Price * (1 - 30%) * (1 - 60%) * (1 - Loyalty Rewards %) = 19.6% of the original price (-80.4%, probably rounded to 80%) 

So, if the item you want is a featured PA, wait until they are cycled out of the list (3 days max), and then you should be able to get the 60% to start.

My experience is that it seems to be the complete Generations discount that's dropped in favor of just the PA and Loyalty discount.   

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442
    edited December 2017

Exactly, just worked out the math to show the different scenarios so people can see what discount to expect.

Just checked a few items, and it seems to be working now. 60% off even if it is a featured PA item, with 60% replacing the 40% or 50%.

Edit: plus Loyalty Rewards...

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • Cybersox said:
    NorthOf45 said:

My experience is that it seems to be the complete Generations discount that's dropped in favor of just the PA and Loyalty discount.   

This seems to be fixed, the Add Ons discount now replaces the featured PA discount isntead of vice versa.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,794

file a customer service ticket like i did and get told ..sorry about that.